Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Kerkorian goes to buy Chrysler again, maybe he'll get it this time!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070405/...sler_kerkorian

Not only that, but maybe he's just what Chrysler needs, instead of some foreign nationals raping the company for cash.....
Old 04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Inactive User

What does he want to do with Chrysler is what makes me nervous about him getting it. But if GM was to get it, you can bet they are shutting it down and burying the nameplates.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:28 AM

One thing that bothers me is Kirk Kerkorian is 90 years old! He was born clear back in 1917! It's one thing to keep in mind because if he is successful, no matter how good a job he does with the company, this whole ownership problem is going to come up again in the future. Hopefully a long time into the future, but we should keep our expectations realistic.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Inactive User

I can only think he wants to immortalize himself, introducing . . . the 2010 Dodge Kerkorian!! or the Chrysler Kerkorian SRT8.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 AM

I don't have a link but from things I've read here and there, Daimler is resistant to Kerkorian buying Chrysler. Don't know what will happen, but at least at this point in time the folks in Canada, Magna, appear to have the best shot....
That is, unless something else happens.....
Old 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

Default initially...

[..i thought the same! now just say,either (mopar/mercedes) the best american car manufacturer! best euro! period! look, i'd rather have mb own mopar, than gm!believe it or not! anyway, i still believe chrysler oughta' start throwing a little hype into their terrific background! ww2 tanks, then the abrams tank! heck, the old powerwagon history? especially now! i just saw toyota hype their trucks being built here? their rear window that power slides? mopar quietly.......EXISTS
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Inactive User

Default Justremember....

...people? "mb" okok, i wish it were still kowalski days! or dirtymary/crazylarry? but look whats happening to ma-mopar under achtung-annie? lol? we have the chassis-cab 5500! comin' back?(i wanna see more tow-trucks etc.notford!) for one? the challenger/charger/magnum& those hemis! so, as long they dont shut it down and run away..i say relax!