Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-23-2000, 02:56 AM
Inactive User

I'm off to the glen ,,first thing this morning.I hope to see a DODGE in the top spot ,this weekend.
Old 06-24-2000, 02:42 PM
Mopars win..others whine

Have a good time Caveman. I went to the truck race when they were here in Texas a few weeks ago. They always put on a great show. I usually make it to the Glen when the Winston Cup series is there. But not this year, trying save money to buy a home. I hear they made "Gumby land" reserved camping last year. Bummer, cause there was always something to see in that part of the track on Saturday night. Cops everywhere.
Old 06-25-2000, 08:06 AM
Inactive User

Caveman, I hope you had a better experience at the Glen than I did at Kentucky Speedway! The Speedway is beautiful but the Speedway personnel clearly weren't ready for the event! We were in traffic for 4 hours to go 10 miles to the track! When we finally got there, the race had already started in spite of a rain delay! There was NO PLACE to park! There was no one to advise as to where to park! We ended up triple-parked on the highway a very, VERY long way from the track! They ran out of food! They ran out of beer! The soft-drink machines wouldn't work! Nothing went right! It's a new facility and I guess they were experiencing rookie-type mistakes but it sure ruined our weekend!
Old 06-26-2000, 12:46 AM
Inactive User

Yep I heard about Kentucky ,,They will get it down,maybe next year.
I was down there with the Gumby guys,this was the new gumby party,HAHAHAHA!!Watkins glen International screwed this event up too.They gave out campsites at the gate this year.We made some frantic adjustments at the last minute becuase of that.The cup races are pretty much history for us now,if you don't have camper or mobile home your SOL.
We had a great time at the Trucks,we've been going for 5 years now.GUMBY lives!!