Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-10-2000, 02:22 AM
Mopars win..others whine

Just curious if you were. I should be there but I can't this year. My brothers are there now and should be setting up camp Thursday afternoon.
Old 08-11-2000, 03:27 AM
Inactive User

Not this year,maybe next year to see the new Dodges.I think they have messed it up with there reserved camping and stuff.I take it you have been there before.Have you been to Gumby land?.I also think it's getting kind of pricy so I haven't gone to the Cup in a few years,since 96 I think.
Old 08-11-2000, 08:25 PM
Mopars win..others whine

Yep, been there about 7 times since 92. It can get pricy since I have to fly out there. Been all over the place and Gumby land also. It used to be a party place. We camp in a motorhome just past the tunnel entrance on the right. I am waiting on the Mopars myself is another reason for not going this year.
Old 08-11-2000, 09:21 PM
Inactive User

You must have stayed on the inside of thr track then,near Gumbyland.I stayed in Gumbyland when we were going.Thats all over now.We go to the Bucsh/trucks thing there.I do believe I will go back next year.Its kind of weird becuase I said No I'm not going this year,but this morning rolls around and I feel like I should be there.Oh well.Maybe we'll hook up there next year,I know for sure I will go to the Busch/NCT next year.
Old 08-12-2000, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

The weathers been crappy at the Glen this year,but I think it's going to be nice for the rest of the weekend.Maybe Happy Hour went OK.I'm glad I didn't go this year,this has been the wettest summer I can remember.
Old 08-13-2000, 05:05 AM
Mopars win..others whine

It has been raining a lot there the past few days. I wonder how my brothers are doing. They did get happy hour practice in though.
Old 08-13-2000, 02:54 PM
Inactive User

I guess 1/2 was on rain tires,the second 1/2 was on slicks.The weather cleared sometime in the late afternoon.Today is going to be nice,clear and dry.
Becuase the rain canned qualifying,The fastest car in practice will be out of the picture.Boris Said broke Rusty Wallaces Practice record by almost 2 mph.He was going to drive a car for Jimmy Spencer,but since they are lining up by points ,he's out.He may drive Jimmy's regular ride though.This man has a good chance of winning at the Glen if he is in a decent ride.

[This message has been edited by caveman (edited August 13, 2000).]
Old 08-13-2000, 03:40 PM
Mopars win..others whine

Yeah I just checked the weather and it looks clear. I imagine the parking is going to be nasty. I was there in 92 or 93 can't remember which year, it's when Kyle Petty won it, but there were a bunch of stuck cars everywhere.
Old 08-13-2000, 03:48 PM
Inactive User

We have had a ton of rain this year ,so the ground is saturated here.When I was down there in june it rained Fri morning and there were Motor homes and trucks stuck all over the place,But it did dry up fairly fast.We were on the back straight and it's fairly high over there,so it wasn't to bad.
Like I said though I 'm glad I didn't go this year.I will be there for the Dodges next year though,for sure
By the way The Mopar Performance Dodge of Mark Kinser won the Knoxville National's last night.Too bad for the Chebbies

[This message has been edited by caveman (edited August 13, 2000).]