Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-26-2001, 03:34 AM
Inactive User

I'm going to Daytona for the first time in my life. I'm a stockcar racer (a dodge of course) & am wondering if anyone has suggestions for what I should go see. I'd really like to make the most out of it. I'm there from the 12th to the 19th. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Glenn
Old 01-26-2001, 04:30 AM
Inactive User

I'm SOOOO jealous!!

One of these days, I'm gonna make it down there for a race. I've been there a few times, but not on a race week-end.

Naturally you need to visit Daytona USA while you are there. I've checked it out twice. The first time I was there, a race was taking place on the road course. It was a nostalgia NASCAR car event of some kind. I was just walking around in a daze because I was ACTUALLY at DAYTONA! There are lots things to look at and participate in. I'd allow at least a 1/2 day and try to experience everything they have in there, if it was me.........

------------------
RedIntrepid9
GO AWESOME BILL!
Old 02-03-2001, 07:32 PM

Cool

Glenn,

A group of us(8) have been going for years, there is alot to experience and I'm sure you'll be overwhelmed with all that goes on. We are flying down on Friday too late to see the truck race, but we'll be there for the Busch race on Saturday for sure! And of course on Sunday!!!

Allow plenty of time for travelling to the racetrack, Sunday is the worst for traffic & don't get frustrated when you want to leave, there are traffic jams whatever road you try to leave by, just be patient.........
Old 02-03-2001, 08:19 PM

Definitely visit the Circle Track Racing Expo at the Ocean Center on the beachside Feb. 14, 15 & 16. Race parts manufacturers, displays, seminars, etc. I'm sure Dodge will be a big presence this year and may also have something set up at Speedway Dodge just West of the speedway across from the dog track.
More info:
www.CircleTrackExpo.com
emapusaevents.com
1-800-250-3157
There is even a city bus with all 10 Nascar Dodges painted on it!
Old 02-03-2001, 11:42 PM
Inactive User

For those of you needing rental cars,look at Dollar Rent-A-Car,they have good rates and feature Mopars in their fleet.