Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-12-2001, 03:11 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

How many of you are sick of hearing Jarrett cry when he doesn't win a race. I had so many memories after the Shootout of him doing so in the past. Phords 3,4,5; doesn't seem like they're at too much of a disadvantage.

Anyone up for having Nascar give a little more to the Dodges, since Bill was 12th. Maybe they're still at a bit behind. Yikes, how fast would they be next sunday!!
Old 02-12-2001, 06:37 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I am so sick of hearing the ford drivers whine to.If they dont like the ford let them drive another make.
Old 02-12-2001, 06:43 PM

Yeah, I'm tired of it. You can't be to upset with Jarret though. If it wasn't him, it would have been Earnhardt or Gordon, or some other Chebbie fool. Maybe the wind tunnel test today will tell the story. Eveyone said the Intrepid is close to the ford aero package, so maybe the Intrepid will get some help. Remember, this is Nascar. You are expected to whine when things don't go the way you planned.
Old 02-12-2001, 11:20 PM

Hey, it's the Daytona 500. What would the Daytona 500 be without everyone griping and complaining about something. I like what Ken Schrader said, "The Dodges were sandbagging". Schrader qualified in 29th. I suppose all the other Phords, Chibby's and Pontiacs that qualified ahead of him were sandbagging too. There are times when some drivers should just keep there mouth shut. He made himself look really stupid when he said that.

Sly

You know we are going to hear Chibbys complain, Their valves are always rattling. Even when they do win.
Old 02-12-2001, 11:44 PM
Mopars win..others whine

The one crazy thing about it is that the Furd drivers who are complaining are the ones who said the Dodges are built to the Furd's template. So, if the outside is just like the Furds, then I guess they are jealous of what's under the hood.

Like the man says...Get real, Get Mopar
Old 02-12-2001, 11:48 PM

Found this on the NASCAR.COM website, (I guess Dale Jarret whined so much they gave him a Dodge!!!)

1st 125-MILE QUALIFYING RACE STARTING LINEUP

POS. NO. DRIVER CAR TIME SPEED

1 9 Bill Elliott Dodge 49.029 183.565
2 88 Dale Jarrett Dodge 49.282 182.622
3 24 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet 49.322 182.474

Go look at it before they fix their site! It is the Gatorade 125s lineup, they have a link to it right on their home page, the URL looks kind of like this: >>------>www.nascar.com/RACE/winston/1/2001/125lineup.html<-----<< UPDATE: I just checked again at 4:00pm CST today (Feb 13th) and they fixed it. Thought it was kind of funny while it lasted.

[This message has been edited by beepbeepsrule (edited February 12, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by beepbeepsrule (edited February 12, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by beepbeepsrule (edited February 13, 2001).]
Old 02-13-2001, 04:09 AM
Inactive User

Heard tonight Dale Jarrett got a new sponcer..Pampers..said. anyone who cry's
as much as he does, still needs diapers
Old 02-13-2001, 04:36 AM

NASCAR should make sure they have the WAAAAmbulance ready ...
Old 02-13-2001, 04:57 AM
Inactive User

Hey, Beepbeep, see if they have another seat for Jeff Burton. I used to like Jarrett until he started winning and his head got too big. Maybe he should drive "the truck" like the guy says in the UPS commercial. That way he'll have enough room to carry all the diapers he needs and extra room for his big fat head!
Old 02-13-2001, 06:02 AM
Inactive User

Question

How many of you guys think Elliot was hanging in the back on purpose. I wouldnt look to good if he finished in the top 5 or even won the shoot out, Nascar would deffinatly slow us down then.

Hey, I hear there's a new race added to the schedule this year, The Whinner's 250! Only ford and chevy drivers are allowed in. lol

------------------
Grandaddy ran whiskey in a big black Dodge.......
Old 02-13-2001, 06:51 AM
Inactive User

I do you see the way he ran them down by himself all alone after his pitstop. Just look at the crying going on already with them taking the pole, Imagine if they would have won it, I think Ray and Bill both realized it and tried some differnt stuff to see if it would work. Bill was all over the place back there high, low wherever. I think he could have won it but lost it on purpose to win the war sunday. I seen an interview someplace where they asked crybaby jarret of Dodge could do it sunday and all he had to say was They were smart enough to win the pole weren't they. Go Doge!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax:
How many of you guys think Elliot was hanging in the back on purpose. I wouldnt look to good if he finished in the top 5 or even won the shoot out, Nascar would deffinatly slow us down then.

Hey, I hear there's a new race added to the schedule this year, The Whinner's 250! Only ford and chevy drivers are allowed in. lol

Old 02-13-2001, 02:04 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

i'm not sure,the leed pack never shook him,the dodge ran fast with out the draft.I would say he was feeling out the car in the draft to see how it would act with the brand x'ers,remember,that car is not the one thats going to be in daytona.If Bill could have taken his dodge to the front, I do'nt think he would have any way, just so thay would keep nascar off there backs.
Old 02-13-2001, 04:48 PM
Inactive User

I think it was a race setup "check out" run and they really didn't try to run up front. The fact that he could run alone faster than the others could run together means the power is there. The question is if they can pass in traffic. One time the camera showed Bill pull down to the inside and pass three cars as effortlessly as if he was on the interstate. Then he dropped back to where he had been riding all day. I was surprised none of the announcers noticed the move.
Old 02-13-2001, 05:43 PM

Hey Gary, I also noticed he did that, and more than once. I am also sure he didn't want to swap paint with the "rubbin' is racin'" crowd. Plus, what a perfect way to check out your car's setup, endurance and pit crew readiness -- an actual race that has no glory except for the individual. Ovations, Kudos and Hats off to Bill Elliott for putting the team goals ahead of any personal satisfaction he might have gained by being in the top 5 or winning that particular event...
Old 02-14-2001, 01:07 AM
Inactive User

Tonight on RPM TONIGHT they released some "UNOFFICAL" wind tunnel results and the Dodge had the lowest numbers coming in at 471, the pontiac and chevy were 502 and 506, and the whinners in the blue oval were at 522, if they were that far off they would have been 5mph slower as Ray said during an interveiw. I think a ford team leaked the rumor cause they ain't nothing but a bunch of huggie wearing fools. Guess will have to wait and see till the Offical results are released.
Old 02-14-2001, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

Yeah, and I heard Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarrett both explaining that they had 15 more drag-horsepower than the other makes. You can bet that if you hear them complaining, they don't REALLY want equality, they want superiority.........

------------------
RedIntrepid9
GO AWESOME BILL!
Old 02-17-2001, 10:54 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down WHINING AGAIN!!!

This type of thing is why Chrysler got out of NASCAR in the first place!!!
In the old days it was RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG!!
The drivers of the fastest (best engineered cars) won the race! MoPars were winning too much so the loser went crying to the NASCAR officials. Their solution was to outlaw the winged cars and Hemi power. They were ruled as "non-production" cars even though the qualifying number was sold to the public.
Now here we are again the MoPars are making the competition nervous so they are crying about it.
It seems they only like to race when there is no real competition.
Old 02-18-2001, 03:40 AM

Yeah, and how about Earnhardt Sr. squealing about how Mr France would have never allowed this to happen. We can't forget Mr France was the one who put the screws to Mopar, the Pettys and every Mopar racer who got their racing operation turned upside and banned completely, by Mr France's utter need to fall on his belly for GM. Just remember, even with all the help that GM boys have gotten, it took them well over 10 years to catch Mopar's victory total, Ford hasn't even been banned, have they caught up yet?