Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Inactive User

Default Any Tubular K Member Recomendations

Hi, I'm thinking of putting a tubular K member in my 70 Cuda, something like Magnumforce or Altercation. Anybody have experince with these or any other makes?

I's a STRIP/ street, and will have a 511, CNC ported Indy 440-1 heads. I want it to handle as good as possible on the street, and the track for that matter.
Thanks.
Keith
Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Inactive User

Are you planning on running a motor plate or the stock mounts. Both of the options have their pros and cons about them. I will be using a Magnum force set up in my car but I will be adding somethings that they offer to help with some of the short comings that are in their set up. If I had to make my recomnedation I would use the Magnumforce set up with a bushed or non bushed motor plate. They offer both. JMO.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Inactive User

I'm using elephant ears on it, Magnumforce has 2 setups one seems more for the strip the other for the road, which one are you going with? Are they strong enough for the odd wheel stand?

I think I remember somebody makes one that uses the origanal torsion bars, or am I mistaken?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Inactive User

Isn't there a proven way to lighten the existing K member?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Inactive User

I will be using their Tubular a arm k-member in my car. The late A body version. They also offer a strut set up too. They are plenty strong for a hard leaving or wheel stander. You will need to use their nose bar kit with reinforcement plates for the upper shock mount but if you are going to be leaving hard enough for that kind of launch then you should have that style of cage in the car already. There is ways to lighten the fron K member but you are still limited by the torsion bars and the stock gear box. Which will also limit your header clearance. You still will not be able to cut the same amount of weight out of the car as going with their set up. I am not sponsored by them or are they giving me any great kind of break. I have talked to them on the phone countless times and they have always been more than happy to answer any questions that I have had. I am the type of person that is more than willing to spend the money in the right place (although I am not by any means loaded). Ron and Jason at Magnumforce are top notch guys with a quality product.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Inactive User

Thanks BJ, weight loss is great but my main concern is how it handles so I think I'll go with the strut setup.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Inactive User

I have had my Alter-K-tion instaled in my 'cuda for a little more than a year now. I couldn't tell you how it rides because the car doesn't move under it's own power. I have been piecing together and over the top engine and working on a trianglated four link, oh yeah, the whole Iraq thing too.
I weighed all the options. Don't even think about anything but XV, Alter-k, or Magnu Force. There are pros and cons to these three but the other small time units out there will only lead to cons. There's a reason why these are the only ones that have stuck around.
I will be doing alot of spirited drivng around corners and I came to the conclusion that Alter-k was the best for that.
If you want something that uses torsion bars just stick with the stock K frame, it works fine for a t-bar front suspension.