Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Inactive User

Arrow Mikronite Technologies

I am strongly considering the utilization of the Mikronite technology in one of my upcoming engine builds. So I am curious if any of you have had any experience with this new technology or know anyone who has? Heck! If Crane Cams has established a relationship with Mikronite, there must be something to it…

[url]http://www.mikronite.com/htmlRoot.asp[/url
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Inactive User

microwhat?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Doesn't Comp Cams alos work with these guys?

The tech looks good and the bigger companys are useing it. It woulod make sense if it all pans out in your favor. I woldn't mind useing there services when the time comes.

I've known about these guys for awhile now.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Inactive User

Mikronite Works

[QUOTE=RR3834bbl;699805]I am strongly considering the utilization of the Mikronite technology in one of my upcoming engine builds. So I am curious if any of you have had any experience with this new technology or know anyone who has? Heck! If Crane Cams has established a relationship with Mikronite, there must be something to it…

You might want to check out the link on Crane Cams website on the front page that says Mikromax. If you click on it there is a short commercial by Warren Johnson,(aka: The Professor), that states how he is using them and he is getting much longer life out of his gears, and it makes more horsepower!! Anything that he does I know it has been researched extensivley before he puts it in his cars. Crane has always aligned itself with quality so it doesn't surprise me
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Inactive User

Default Mikronite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rug_Trucker View Post
microwhat?
It's a fantastic method to increase strenght and durability and reduction of friction. Besides that it makes more HP, and if it does that, it's worth it!!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

I work with several pro stock car and bike teams. They are all using it on just about every moving part. My nephew uses it on his street luge, which he races around the world with, he's the fastest guy on the planet in that sport. Chryogenic treatment of parts is also a very wise process to look at.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman4 View Post
It's a fantastic method to increase strenght and durability and reduction of friction. Besides that it makes more HP, and if it does that, it's worth it!!
I always look at $$$ per HP. See what is best for my application. Like piston and cylinder head coatings.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Inactive User

Arrow Mikronite and Crane Cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR3834bbl View Post
If Crane Cams has established a relationship with Mikronite, there must be something to it.
I was looking at the Crane Cams web site today and noticed that Mikronite Technologies has actually purchased Crane Cams. Then I read in the fine print that in the case of valve train components, only those by Crane Cams and non-competing companies can have the top secret Mikronite process done. So if you have a Comp, Isky, Lunati, etc., then you are out of luck for this new technology. So I called Mikronite to find out if Mopar Performance camshafts fit this criteria. They basically told me that they would have no problem doing an MP cam because they already grind a lot of the Mopar cams anyway. The price to have a cam processed is currently $135, which I think that judging by dyno testing is probably worth the price. So what so you think, is this a lot of hype, or not?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Inactive User

Chryogenic treatment of parts has been around for about twenty years(that I know of). I don't know enough of the actual specifics of the process to be expert. The best way I can describe it is a "surface" treatment to reduce friction between two rubbing parts.

Does it work? We used the process on ultra high speed sewing machines years ago. It did help to improve thread control. And the life of some parts did seem to improve. Was it worth it? Yes, for limited applications.

The company we used used to be in Oak Ridge, TN. Are they still there?