Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Do you like the looks of the new 2008 Dodge Caravan?
Looks fine. 3 37.50%
Don't like it. 3 37.50%
Meh.... 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Default 2008 Caravan looks fine to me!

After seeing comments in other threads, I decided to go look up what a 2008 Dodge Caravan really look like. I was expecting something radical and a lil odd. After the slightly dustbuster-ish restyle of the 2001-07 minivans, I was worried.
However, the 2008 looks fine, related to the Nitro and Caliber, but not extreme looking.
Whaddya think?
http://www.merc583.addr.com/mopar/index.html
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Inactive User

i have looked at the 08 van on the local lot. the seats are uncomfortable and very cheap looking. we sat in it. we thought it looked like a ford crossed with a olds aurora. we think diamler screwed chryslers great mini van. we are in the market for a new vehicle and will buy a jeep instead.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Inactive User

Drove a PT convertible for a week with a TURBO in LV Nevada, and am SORELY disappointed with the quality or lack thereof inside. THe seats are uncomfortable enough to be a Kia, and the switchgear was cheap enough to be a Chevy. So disappointed. Just looked at the new T&C ourselves. We got an equivalent to a Mercedes Minivan. Bland. Looks like an upscale SUV type styling, but not real happy. :-( PCRMike
Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Inactive User

Smile

The new Mini Vans are equipoed with the new 4.0 engine, 240 hp with 250 lbs of torque. This engine is suppose to get better milage that the old 3.8 with the new 6 sp auto. It also looks like there is no shorty version available, but maybe it comes out later.

Does any one here know what engine the 4.0 is based off? I'd think the old 3.8, but I don't know.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Inactive User

I'm guessing the 3.8 too, I'm just not too impressed with this redesign. It's too bland, boxy, and "truck like", almost a generic poser SUV in style. Personally, I've liked the more egg shaped vans they've been producing the past decade and a half.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Inactive User

I posted my feelings on the new '08 Caravan in another thread, but will try to sum up my feelings quickly in this one. "Butt Ugly" was the first thought that immediately crossed my mind when I was 100 feet away from it, the first time I saw one on Friday afternoon. After walking up to it, I realized that this was supposed to be the new Caravan. I about had a heart attack!

I was so upset that I went home that night, found a toll free number for Chrysler (it's posted in my other thread on the Caravan) and called them to explain that this was a styling nightmare. They transcripted my comments and forwarded them on to Dodge.

The next morning I finished composing a letter and sent it to Chrysler public relations. That address is also posted on my other thread regarding the Caravan.

Don't look at it on the internet in a photo, but go look at it in person at your local Dodge dealer and then decide. You probably won't need to put an '08 and '07 side by side to decide which is the better looking of the two, or which you would rather have in your driveway.

It was in 1962 (or possibly in the Fall of 1961) that Virgil Exner was fired from Chrysler. As you will remember, it was Virgil Exner who created a slew of fantastically styled Chrysler products during the 1950s, which are only now being recognized today for their classic beauty. In 1962 he dropped a whole line of styling duds and Chrysler's sales dropped like a fifty pound stone in a deep well. They say history repeats itself and it is time that it does today and the idiots who approved this new Caravan styling should be let go.

I'm predicting that this Caravan redesign is going to cost Dodge a huge amount of unit and dollar sales. I wouldn't be surprised if their minivan sales slump horribly in '08, by at least 60%. Of course that is a wild guess, but don't be surprised if that prediction comes true. These dogs aren't going to be leaving the front porch of your local Dodge dealer very quickly.

If you like them, then I suggest you buy one this fall and help Dodge out, because they are going to need it. These things aren't going to grow on you in time. Their interior and exterior styling flat out sucks! Like other people will tell you, I am not sure where Dodge stylists got their ideas for the styling cues on the '08 Caravan, but they surely didn't come up with them, themselves. There really is no beauty in these creations. As a matter of fact they are the ugliest minivans (compared to styling trends for any given period of the Chrysler minivan's history) that Ma Mopar has produced-bar none.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Inactive User

Default Numbers to contact Chrysler

Below is a toll free number to contact Chrysler with your comments about the new Caravan or any other vehicle or matter concerning Chrysler that you might have.

1-800-CHRYSLER
(1-800-247-9753)
7 Days 8:00 AM - Midnight EST

The address is to contact Chrysler Public Relations to do the same thing, if you care to write. You can also get permission to legally use a picture or blue print drawing or other company property to use in print and online.

Write to both of these ladies in Chrysler's Public Relations dept.:

Karen Brinkley and/or Bonnie Lewis
re.: outside suggestions
Chrysler Public Relations Dept.
CIMS #485-06-48
1000 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2766

Your calls and letters sent directly to Chrysler will mean more to them than the poll we participate in here, though it's results are interesting too. Tell Chrysler what you think, they are listening (but they may not do anything about it today).
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Inactive User

Sad part is, there'll be plenty of people out there that will love the boxy SUVish styling. I saw them at the Chicago Auto SHow and and just didn't like it as much as I did the prior models.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Inactive User

It is a stroker 3.5 liter. It loses a bit of HP, but gains loads of grunt. Real nice powertrain. :-)PCRMike
Old 09-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrmike View Post
It is a stroker 3.5 liter. It loses a bit of HP, but gains loads of grunt. Real nice powertrain. :-)PCRMike
Thanks pcrmike, Yes I loved the 3.5, had it in my Intrepid and the LHS (that my son has now). I think this is the engine they are going to put in the new 09 Truck, as they list the new V6 going in the truck as a 4.0.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Inactive User

Saw an '08 T&C today from the rear, looked like a half-arse GC/Commander/'08 Libby re-style as well as look a little small compaired to my folks '06 T&C.