Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 AM

Sema 2007 Chrysler Barracuda concept!

I want, I really really want!!
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/30/s...acuda-concept/
Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Inactive User

Wow, it looks good. I doubt they would make a Challenger and a Chrysler Cuda but who knows!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Inactive User

Default If they build it

We will come. So much better looking than the Challenger. In steel, it's a seller! Now, if I could live in it after selling the house to buy it........
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Inactive User

It is nice looking, but they need to do something about the rear panel IMO. The rear window could be improved upon as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Inactive User

Yeah thet rear panel needs to stand up more straight, but I suppose the guy wanted it to look diff, not the same as a old body put on a new chassis ya know.
It looks good.
The Challenger was a carbon fibre body concept once too, that wasnt going to be in production, so I guess well have to see how that turns out production wise when it comes out.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

It's okay.... There are details that seem out of proportion, some edges are sharper than they should be, and does anyone still get excited by the "carbon-fibre" look?

I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Inactive User

What the hey - Mopar is late to the party and needs to make a big bang. I like it. There will be a lot of kids that love it. I like the gauge panel layout better than the concept Challenger, and I am a Challenger person. What I want to see is some concept race cars out there making noise, wearing out the SCCA and NHRA tracks, and winding those hemis into tomorrow. Then the party starts.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Inactive User

I kinda think the Challenger looks better.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Inactive User

I just read that Chrysler is dropping four cars from its lineup, so I doubt this car will ever be built.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Inactive User

Or could make room for it, not gonna hold my breath though............

What cars are they killing off, anything deserving....like the fake Jeeps?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 AM

Off the top of my head, Pt Cruiser convertible, Crossfire, but we knew about that one, Pacifica and Magnum.
Rumor has it the station wagon body will go to the 300 lines, so it won't be so much discontinued as shuffled elsewhere.
I think Jeep Commander may be on the chopping block as well.
A lot of it is to make room for new models like the Challenger and hopefully Chrysler 'Cuda....though that is my hope and not official.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

I knew the Commander was going, that's been known for several months now. To bad on the drop top PT and Magnum (it's the only one of that family I actually like), but good riddence to the Crossfire and Commander.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

I thought the Crossfire was gone two or three years ago?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Inactive User

Where did you hear that the Magnum is going anywhere? From what I have heard they are trying to get it more along the lines of the Charger and away from the 300, which was why they changed up the front clip for 08. I cant fnd anything saying they are looking to get rid of it or make it into a 300 wagon. I also dont know why they would get rid of the Commander, that one is just catching on, I see them all over the place around here, along with the new Libertys. I have been seeing a ton of Compass and Patriots around too, from what I can see Jeep is doing pretty well. While I dont like the Pacifica, I see alot of them, they seem to fill a pretty good niche.

IMO, they really need to get rid of the Caliber and add one or two compact and sub-compact cars to get back into the gas saver market. Then add the Cuda as the Chrysler version of the Chally.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Swinger View Post
Where did you hear that the Magnum is going anywhere?
Right here, there are other links too if you search google for "Chrysler discontinues"
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler...ge-magnum.html
To me, it kind of makes sense, if they move the wagon upmarket, they can charge more for them and considering the lower production numbers, that'd probably be the best idea.
The 300 wagon is supposed to be pretty popular in other markets, they may just introduce it here.
Economy and mid-class market is easily taken care of by either the wagonish Caliber or various minivans, no point competing with themselves.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Inactive User

Here is what I read on Allpar. right from Chrysler.

The company announced that it will eliminate four models through 2008, including Dodge Magnum, the convertible version (only) of Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Crossfire. In the same time frame, Chrysler will add two all-new products to its portfolio: the Dodge Journey and Dodge Challenger, along with two new hybrid models, the Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango.

"These actions reflect our new customer-driven philosophy and allow us to focus our resources on new, more profitable and appealing products," added Jim Press, Vice Chairman and President. "Further, these product actions are all in response to dealer requests."
Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Inactive User

That sucks, I really like the Magnum. The PT 'vert and the Crossfire I can do without though. Im upin the air about the Pacifica, like I said it seems to fill a Niche, but I wouldnt buy one.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Inactive User

I rented a PT Turbo 'vert in Vegas and it was a hot little number but had the cheapest interior I had seen since my Kia Sephia. My wife was all hot about it til we used ot for a week. Drove fine except for a slight coolant smell. Bad quick though. That much was a blast. :-) PCRMike
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Well, as sorry as I am to see the PT convertible go, I'm glad they kept the regular PT. I know it's a mighty popular vehicle and a good deal for it's price class.
I am curious whenever they do update the PT, which way they'll go with it.
More modern, or would they go with more of a semi-40s or 50s appearance instead of the late 30s kind of style it has now.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Inactive User

I wouldn't mind seeing them keep with the "fat fender" theme, but would be interested if they're going to use some of the hybrid tech that they developed with GM, BMW, and Daimler in that platform. I hate to say it, but the more time I waste in traffic going nowhere but still burning gas because of all the local roadtards, the more I like the idea of running the first 20-30mph on electric only and the system the Volt Concept Car displayed should be one of the most efficent systems developed so far short of putting a motor at each wheel.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
I hate to say it, but the more time I waste in traffic going nowhere but still burning gas because of all the local roadtards, the more I like the idea of running the first 20-30mph on electric only
Here Here! Well said!
While I like a high performance car as much as any body, having a car like this for local commutes and job use would be perfect. It'd probably cut down a lot on the pollution in the bigger cities as well. As much as the cars stand still sometime, I bet it'd clear the air pretty quick once it becomes a common thing.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to give less money to the crooks in the oil industry either.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Inactive User

It's funny Stoga, Dad and I were talking about this and wonder what kind of difference more hybrids would make in an area like ours (Chicago Suburbs) on the way to and from the I-Hobby Expo (aggrivating traffic that day too!) and your last post here fell right into the lines of what we were talking about that day! He also agreed that little trucklets like the PT Cruiser and in reality, the HHR, Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix and the rest of that class (now that I think of it) could be one of the best classes to base a hybrid around and a vehicle like that would work well for people like myself and little sister who could actually use the AC charging capabilty that the Volt had as one of it's features. I could do most of my driving on a full charge for a day or two depending on the circumstances!