Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Ebay Auction Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:17 AM

Question Non-Mopar items on the Auction Forum?

I've got a potentially troubling question. As some of you know, I've always been one of the hardest proponents of keeping Moparchat all Mopar.
However, when I sell things on eBay, they are generally non-Mopar because I keep all my Mopar stuff! You see where the problem comes in.
I often buy items and groups of items, then sift out the Mopar goodies and deal the rest. However, if I promote one of my auctions here, odds are very good it won't be Mopar oriented.
Would it be appropriate to promote the sale of non-Mopar items in this forum only? Or would that be opening up a really big can of worms instead?
Believe me, the question has me torn two ways. It'd be nice to sell your unwanted things for buying more Mopar goodies, but if someone turned it around to shove a bunch of non-Mopar stuff on the forum in a blatant way, I probably wouldn't be the happiest camper and I probably wouldn't be alone.

Whaddya think?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Inactive User

Stoga-
I say post it here. Just put non-MOPAR in the title and all should be fine. We all have other interest but are MOPAR loyal. I have over 400 cars but only about 300 of them are MOPARS and I would like to see what you have because I build other models to sell and am always looking for various parts and would prefer to buy them from a fellow MOPAR professional. Once again this opinion is worth exactly what you have paid for it.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Inactive User

I too say you should post them. I have other projects that are Non-Mopar and I'm always looking for parts and I'm sure others do the same on here.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Inactive User

Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

While I consider myself to be a Mopar man (I have two pre-1980 Chrysler products now) I'll have to admit that my work truck is a Chevy and my current main project is a Cad 500 powered F100.

I'll echo Ramcharger360 here. Do it!

Jim
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 AM

Well, you can forget about non-Mopar parts, cause the few I have aren't worth selling. I doubt anyone wants take off parts from my Mom's old Taurus,lol!
I mainly sell hobby items on eBay anyway.