Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Ebay Auction Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Inactive User

Default Moparts Parts and services (eBay ID - mopartsdealer)

I just thought I’d share my recent experience with Moparts Parts and Service (eBay ID = mopartsdealer).
Back in August 2007 I won an auction on eBay for a Mopar A-body alloy axle Master kit 8.75" large bolt with Yukon alloy axles from Moparts. I paid $324.82 for the auction via Paypal on August 27, 2007. The master kit was suppose to include the following:
- Yukon alloy axles for stock length A-body 8 ¾ rear end
- Green Bearing brand bearings set (pressed on)
- Set of 10 studs
- Inner axle shaft seals
- Flange gaskets
- Backing plate foam seals
- Differential gasket
Everything needed to install and completely reseal your entire rear end in one professionally set up kit.

About two weeks later I received my ‘master kit’. I was leaving my house when I caught the DHL driver at the end of my driveway. He handed me the box and said no signature was required so I set it in the back of my car and I ran my errands. I received a few other goodies that day so when I returned home I opened everything up like it was Christmas. I opened the Yukon axle box up and there was busted up styrofoam everywhere. After digging through the mess I pulled out the bubble wrapped shipping envelope and looked at its contents. Some gaskets and the lug nuts were in there. Appearing that everything was in there. I set the envelope back in the Yukon axle box. I could see both axles were in there, so I moved on to the next package. Once all of the packages were opened I put them in the garage with all the other packages (car parts for all my cars) to await installation. he time came to start getting the rear end ready to put in the Dart Sport. I am running Weld ProStar wheels so the stock length lug nuts were not going to do me much good. Before I purchased the master kit in question I asked them if they could upgrade me to 3-inch studs, they replied that they could not. Anyways I ordered my $100.00 McGard shanked lug nuts and $55.00 Moroso 3-inch wheel studs for Mopar rear ends. Once those came in around the 1st of December 2007, I brought the axles to my fathers shop so we could press the studs into the axles. We did the first axle fine and he grabs the second axle out of the Yukon box and he says to me “I though you ordered them with the bearings already pressed on”. I didn’t think nothing of it as he usually messes with me like that. Then he shows me the axle, and it was bare. We emptied the contents of the package (original Yukon axle box) out on the work bench. I though maybe a worker somehow forgot to press it in. Not with my good luck, there is no bearing even included! Now I am really frustrated because the only reason I paid for the master kit was so they would press the bearings on for me. I could order the bearings, seals, gaskets and such at cost through my dads shop. I also noticed that the axle flange and the axle seals were missing. So now I know I am hosed because it has been so long plus one axle already has the studs installed. My blood pressure shoots through the roof. I write them an e-mail and ask them nicely to please correct their mistake. I would ship them the one ‘bare’ axle back or the entire kit, their choice. I made several phones and left massages only to wait with no response. I sent them an e-mail, no response. Finally December 17th 2007 Scott from Moparts writes me an e-mail back, saying it has been far too long for him to ship me my missing parts, however he could sell me the bearing kit at his cost ($22.50 + 6.50 shipping). I agree that is a good price but this has turned into principal now.
I replied with another e-mail explaining that the axles are sitting in the Yukon box useless to me until I get the parts that are owed to me. I explained why I bought the master kit instead of just the axles (axles = $220.00 master kit = $325.00). I also sent him pictures of the axles so he could clearly see that the box is mint/undamaged and the axles have only been out of the box for the pictures and one was out to have the studs pressed in. Other than that they have been sitting in the corner of my garage with everything else. They do not so much as have a mark in the protective coating (rust preventative). Not even a scratch on the stickers.
Again not getting a reply I re-send him the e-mail (I saved it in my ‘drafts’ folder, I am a slow finger poker typist). This time he replies with this:

“You have to understand that in that time we don't know what has happened, if it was not really there, was it damaged in use and you looking for a replacement or if it was damaged in storage.
Again, were not trying to benefit from this situation, were just trying to make sure we are not getting taken advantage of.
Not that you are doing that, but we just don't know.
So that is why we post our policies and need to follow them.”

Of course this really urked me and made it crystal clear what they thought of me. I replied to them that I have yet to drive my Dart Sport since I have owned it as the engine is still sitting on the stand. Again I offered to take more pictures of the axles & packaging so he could see they were never used, test fitted, dropped, or even scratched in anyway. The box is still mint, and so are all the foam & paper gaskets in the envelope.

I told him that my dad needs the exact same master kit in a month or two for his A-body 8 ¾ in his 1972 Dart with a supercharged 360. I said if they do not correct this mistake we absolutely would not buy it from them. I also said if not corrected I will not recommend them to anyone I chat/talk with either. Why would we?
I told them if I was trying to ‘scam’ them I could have just awaited the arrival of my fathers kit and told them his was missing the bearing. Perhaps that is what I should have done…

I asked him if it was really worth having an upset customer for a $30.00 bearing kit (shipped). He never answered that question directly but their actions are clear.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from Scott saying that he now retracts his offer of selling me their bearing kit at their cost.

Another