Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Inactive User

Default what's next?

"We're going to build a street rod named Prowler." woo hoo!
"But it's going to have a V6." d'oh

"We're going to build a new Charger." woo hoo!
"But it's going to be a four door." d'oh

"We're going to build the Dodge Demon small, sporty, convertible." woo hoo!
"But it's going to be front wheel drive." d'oh

and now they kill the Viper.

At least they got the Dodge Challenger right.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Inactive User

Their killing the Viper, news to me.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Inactive User

http://jalopnik.com/354292/the-dodge...-send-rd-funds
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Inactive User

Default And so?

You don't make money on special built low volume cars. When lifting the company to financial health, you cut pet projects that were meant for image, and not profit. Did the Viper make money? No, not directly, but image was improved. Can you count the profit that the image created? Very difficult.
I've said it before. What part of the four door Charger's success is it that you don't understand?
The Demon may sell well. The average buyer could not care less which end drives the wheels. It's success will be based on appearance and price, period.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

I never said that four door car wasn't successful, I merely stated my displeasure of the use of the name Charger being applied to that car. The status the name had was due to its standing as one of the best looking and best performing musclecars of the era. The Charger was a status car in the late 60's and early 70's, never built as a convertible or four door and it should have stayed that way in my opinion. This new car would have done well no matter what name was applied to it. And the Demon might sell well, but I ain't buyin it, me and my hillbilly friends perfer our drivin wheels at the back!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM

According to my salesman the Challenger will be really limited, so the few that have the big bucks can get it, like the Viper. Now if they built a performance rwd Dart and made it like an affordable performance car, they would sell lots of those, they could crank those out. You know, something to compete with the Mustang. Affordable being the key word, not alot of junk on it, and they might as well put headers and the better exhaust on it most people will eventually put on it. And not as much computer controlled.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 PM

Oh, and the Charger is a hit for the police car markit
Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Inactive User

Default a solution?

All they have to do to get numbers up is compete fairly. Drop the price of the Viper down and offer a few different packages(just like Chebbies Vet) Then your average mid aged man could afford it, not just the rich. Then keep the price tag of the Challenger (with many different options) to compete with the Stang. I mean Phord has already been eating GM and Mopars lunch for a few years with the new "old style" look. So why continue to push buyers away with heavy price tags and Limited production? The idea for a Demon is great, as long as the religious groups don't get too offended by the name. The way they did back when. That's why the Dodge Demon only lasted two years. So why not just start it as a Dart. Once again, keep the price down and if its got to be FWD make it fast. Kids these days love turbos. so make one that can run against the imports for less money. I certainly hope they got rid of all the money hungry(too rich)CEO's at the top. Maybe. Just Maybe! Mopar can get to the top where they belong. We all realize Chrysler products have always been a little higher than their counterparts, but come on guys, the gas companies aren't the only ones price gouging.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

The 08 Challenger is only available in SRT8 trim, and yes, the number is limited and the price is high. The 2009 is a totally different story though, they will be available in a V6, 5.7 R/T and 6.1 SRT8. Your salesman is talking out of his ass. The Challenger is going to compete with the Mustang and as long as the V6 and R/T prices arent too bad, should do pretty well against it.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Inactive User

'sides that, that Demon is gonna be rwd.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

If they want it to sell, it needs to be RWD!

Has anybody seen the April '08 Hot Rod with the "new AMC's"? The Sanford renditions of the Gremlin and Pacer actually looked like they'd make a couple of pretty neat pocket rockets!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Inactive User

April Fools!