Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Electronic Gadgets

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 AM

Default Nazi moon base....

I got a kick out of reading on some conspiracy blog about how the Nazi's went to the moon in 1942 and built a base there, then Armstrong took some video of it on a later mission (Im laughing while I write this) and of course it was completely quashed, airbrushed or shelved. Anyway. I got this old 80mm refractor telescope out and was looking a the moon tonight because Saturn was a few degrees above it. I just got this scope from and older lady down the street. The tripod was all rusty, but the scope was in pretty good shape, its a Celestron EQ80. Its a pretty good quality scope and has a very good Parks 12mm eyepiece and that is more than half the image quality maker right there as the whole scope only has 2 primary lenses besides the removeable eyepiece. I was looking at the moon as it is a 1/2 moon and that is a very good time to view as the edge of the crescent shows some great detail of the craters with the high contrast of all the shadows. So im looking at the most impressive crater and I see a glint of light right in the center of the crater. Doesn't sound real exciting, but upon thinking about the physics of an impact crater and the way the light was hitting this crater, there didnt seem to be a logical reason why there would be a point of light in the dead shadowed center of this crater. It sort of looks like the tip of a peak, like crater lake's wizard island, but that would mean a new volcano grew right in the middle of this crater as an impact would flatten anything old in the middle. check em out. This was about the most rinky dink astrophotography setup, a 2mp Sony digi-cam held up to the eyepiece, Im suprised they even turned out with the scope shaking whenever I touched it and the field of view looking into the eyepiece from a few mm above it is like looking through a straw. And its not an optical flare as the eye-view through the scope is razor sharp. Oh well, just thought it was an interesting phenomenon.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/DSC00523.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/DSC00530.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/DSC00531.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/DSC00532.jpg
Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Cool pics. You can almost see that Nazi moon base ... LOL!!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Inactive User

Nah! It's out in Area 51!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Inactive User

You guys have it all wrong...It's Hitler's swimming pool & his new & improved Eagles Nest II. This way, he has a far better view of the world than at the previous Eagles Nest in the Bavarian Alps! If you look thru a good telescope, you might even catch a glimpse of Eva Braun "sunbathing" nekked next to the pool! lol
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Inactive User

To seriously answer your question, yes, most craters will have small peaks in the middle. You can experiment yourself using some mud or cement and throwing a rock in it. It seems that, as the sun was setting down on the crater, there was no light in the crater (thus shadow) but, light was hitting this peak.

But Nazis on the moon?!?!? C'mon..... Everyone knows the moon is inhabited by topless women....