Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 AM

Default how is this intake??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRYS...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Inactive User

It's a good intake, low profile dual plane that performs better than Performer. The sharp corner port exits looks strange though, like it has been modified?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Banned

It looks like someone has tried to port that out to a max-wedge size port. I would not bid on that at all.

LOTS better choices than that ... Performer, Streetmaster, Torkers, TM-7.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet67a1f View Post
It looks like someone has tried to port that out to a max-wedge size port. I would not bid on that at all.

LOTS better choices than that ... Performer, Streetmaster, Torkers, TM-7.
All those manifolds suck unless your comparing them to stock cast iron,
Then only 3 of the 4 suck.

The ch4b is marginally better than the performer.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Ummmmmmmm, isn't that thing missing the center divider?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwasfunny View Post
All those manifolds suck unless your comparing them to stock cast iron,
Then only 3 of the 4 suck.

The ch4b is marginally better than the performer.
You saying a CH4B is better than a Performer shows how little you know about this subject.

I forgot to add to that list .... the Street Dominator.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartGT66 View Post
It's a good intake, low profile dual plane that performs better than Performer. The sharp corner port exits looks strange though, like it has been modified?
Looks like it has been milled for shaved heads and the divider appears to be absent as cast, and no choke well. Maybe an early casting? I think I would pass on that one too. Those ports look like they would be hell to port match to a head.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Banned

That is a waaaaay early casting .... and all a CH4B and DP4B were is simple almost duplicates of the factory intake .. but done in aluminum.

There was a hi-po street/strip test some years back of single 4 barrel intakes buy one of the Mopar magazines .... the worst was THIS one .. the best was the Street Dominator.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Banned

Smile

The ch4b has larger bulging runners than the performer.
If you ask me the performer is more like an aluminum version of the stock piece.

Look son, just because a magazine does a dyno test with a [specific] build and then claims that a certain intake/s is/are the best, doesn't mean they are the best for every build,[There just the best for that specific build].

How's that saying go
It's better to be quite and have people wonder if your dumb,
than to open your mouth[or type in ur case] and confirm their suspicions.

You should now live by this.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Inactive User

Edelbrock had some decent mopar intakes in the past, like these CH4 dual planes and LD small block dual planes, but after that they experimented with some "streetmasters" and other not so good single planes until the performer came out. Performer is a very mild intake, and until the RPM's came out, the old Edelbrock dual planes were teh best you could get for mild performance applications, both for small and big blocks. Intakes are part of the combination, and ther is no "best intake" anywhere. It all depends of the rest of the package. I'm pretty sure one could make a dyno test that will show for example the street dominator as not so good choice. Even if it is a good intake, and it is. The BB version, the small block isnät wuite as succesful piece.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

How's that saying go
It's better to be quite and have people wonder if your dumb,
than to open your mouth[or type in ur case] and confirm their suspicions.
How does that saying go ? .......

Engage YOUR brain before typing on YOUR keyboard. And use YOUR spell-check.

YOU'RE the one that is showing how dumb you are. ....
Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartGT66 View Post
Edelbrock had some decent mopar intakes in the past, like these CH4 dual planes and LD small block dual planes, but after that they experimented with some "streetmasters" and other not so good single planes until the performer came out. Performer is a very mild intake, and until the RPM's came out, the old Edelbrock dual planes were teh best you could get for mild performance applications, both for small and big blocks. Intakes are part of the combination, and ther is no "best intake" anywhere. It all depends of the rest of the package. I'm pretty sure one could make a dyno test that will show for example the street dominator as not so good choice. Even if it is a good intake, and it is. The BB version, the small block isnät wuite as succesful piece.
What is your experience with the Streetmaster intake? ... I have used one on a motorhome with pretty decent results so far.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

What da hell iz spel chekk????
Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Look son, just because a magazine does a dyno test with a [specific] build and then claims that a certain intake/s is/are the best, doesn't mean they are the best for every build,[There just the best for that specific build}

You should now live by this.
and also how much does that company pay them to say theirs is best?? i got a friend who is always reading car magazines and watching horsepower tv, saying they dyno tested this sparkplug against that, and this intake against that, this oiling system against that, and they make this many more horsepower, these companys sponsor these magazines and tv shows, and they pay them to endorse their products, for example if you had a tv show, and lets say that ford wanted to pay you 10g to say that their stock ford 302 made more horsepower than a hopped up 340........... you get my drift
Old 06-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

First .... and most important .... when this test was done .. the Street Dominator intake was NOT BEING produced by Holley. WHY would Holley pay-off the magazine IF they did not produce the intake any longer? Do you get MY drift ?

And YES - because of the demand for the intake - created by that comparison .. Holley did start making the RB model again.

And NOTHING is like WHORESpower TV. Yes - that show is just one-big-advertisment. And most people can see way "past" that.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet67a1f View Post
What is your experience with the Streetmaster intake? ... I have used one on a motorhome with pretty decent results so far.
Good grief, that intake would be very low on my choices for a motorHOME intake. Yes, its a small single plane but the runner design is far from idea for a land yacht. If you had an RV cam you would be fighting that streetmaster intake. Much better results could have been had from the old SP-2P: pencil sized runners, max velocity and cylinder filling, and very limited RPM potential, like 4500 ceiling. It was like a built in rev limiter! Guy had MSD and one in a Jeep and he said he never stalled it, would pop the clutch in idle and the front would get light. But if that is what you had in your motorhome, it would be hard to know what you were missing. check out the chevy version against a mainstream street intake
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

THX p ...I have that choice of intake toooooo ! ..... check out the two pics ! ... this is actual RB stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp2p.jpg (19.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg sp2pPORT.jpg (34.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Banned

Hey p .... but did that Jeep have a 4.56 gear ? .. !! ... I was thinking MORE in the line of that SP2P with a 3.73 gear that I plan for it.

I have tried to discuss that S manifold but the only guy who said anything about it said it was a "farce" ...I asked why .. he never responded.

And Eddy is no help at all ...trying to get info.