Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-21-1999, 08:06 AM
99DakRT

I just bought a brand new dakota r/t sc. Where is the best place to start upgrading?
Old 06-22-1999, 12:00 AM
Christopher

Mopar performance catalog for starters.Magnum Performance carries stuff too as does a place called RD Performance that another guy that posts regularly had real good service from.

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited June 21, 1999).]
Old 06-22-1999, 12:53 AM
ncarnes

I guess I am "the other guy that posts regularly". I bought plug wires and a throttle body from RD Perforance and have been very happy with the service and products. Unfortunately other than a supercharger thats basically all he has. I can't believe I am going to say this but, your best place for other go fast parts is going to be Magnum Performace, really don't like them much but my only experience with them has been on the phone and he acted like I was stupid and my money didn't matter and I just refuse to buy from them. Though he does have a lot of stuff for all Dodge trucks including the R/T Dak. If you want a TBI contact RD Performance if you want anything else call MPI or Mopar.
If I had to recommend upgrades to start with I would say Computer chip, Mopar's if they get around to making it. I really like my TBI its easy and helps a bunch, as does dual exhaust(no muffler is my preference), ram-air hood w/K&N filter works well, bosch platinum +4 plugs and magnecor wires seem to smooth everything and increase HP a bit, but a blower and headers are probably your best bet. I am getting ready to order a Golden West Performance/ATI charger and intercooler for my IndyRam, and they say if you run 8psi and send your computer in to them to be reprogramed that 550hp is resonable with minimal other upgrades. Sounds like fun to me!