Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-04-1999, 03:29 AM
speedmeister

Hey fellow mopar fans, i've recently purchased a 99 4wd dakota xcab, and im looking for other owners' feedback on this truck, quality, problems or hop-up tips. I believe this truck to be a leader in its class and am happy so far. Are there any tips, experiences or problems to watch out for? KEEP ON TRUCKIN! (its mopar or NO CAR!)

Old 09-11-1999, 03:56 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I have a 99 Dakota with 9K miles. So far the only problem is the parking brake pedal dose not come all the way up in cold weather. That is nothing more than an adjustment.

I put a K&N filter in the stock box. And my bother in law gave me some Bosch +4 plugs. The plugs did little for the 318. Idle is smother but no MGP gains, and little HP gains. The engine has enough power, I would need to make other mods to the ignition. To make the plugs perform worth $6/plug.

Coming from a 4Runner, it was a good choice.

Aaron
Old 09-13-1999, 02:23 PM
Inactive User

While this is a great forum for just MOPAR stuff, you may ALSO want to try:
www.http://www.sportruck.com/

for performance mods - etc (that site also deals with lowered vehicles, but you can get TONS of performance tips there.

also try:
http://www.truckworld.com/

for 4WD tips and info.

Not trying to steer you away from this format, by any means, just giving you more options.

Good luck on your project.