Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Electronic Gadgets

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM

Default Took a step retro, bought a mouse with a cord.

I've had a couple of Logitech cordless mouses, and got decent service out of them. However, I noticed since my son has been out of school we were getting a lot of dead batteries, usually at the most inconvenient times. Also, with his heavy hand on the game site, the left button would often get unresponsive, you'd have to press real hard to get it to work. Also, along with the button getting worn out, the cursor would start jumping all over the place. I finally gave up and switched to a Microsoft mouse with cable. I don't know if the buttons will hold up better but at least I won't be pumping AA batteries through the stupid thing all the time! For me, the cable isn't that big of an inconvenience anyway. especially compared to jumping in the minivan and heading to town at odd hours. Heck, that's one of the main reasons I quit smoking too!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Inactive User

I've got an "old tech" Logitech corded mouse with the "big red ball" you roll, rather than moving the mouse around, which I LOVE, and I'll cry when it quits. It's much more comfortable to my hand(which are small) than a move-around mouse and just takes my finger and thumb to operate. I don't care for the cordless mice and keyboards much anyway. Their RF often interfers with cordless phones, antenna TV reception(no cable or dish at my house), and VCR's and video editing equiptment(in my computer).Years ago, they said the number of AA batteries thrown away every year would fill some large canyon in New Mexico, I believe, and take enough energy to make to power a town of 50,000 people for a year. Rechargeables don't work in many devices, and aren't perfect either. One more place we use energy without thinking is batteries. Of course I have flashlights and portable radios, but I make a concious effort to buy LED flashlights and items that don't use dozens of batteries and that use the largest sized batteries(D's instead of AA's) so I don't burn-up as many batteries. You know I'm no "enviro-nut". I just want to be sensable and save money too.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM

Biggrin

Stoga had better keep an eye on his new mouse at night.
Attached Images
File Type: gif mouse.gif (110.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Inactive User

Once again, Dick comes through....