Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-29-2000, 11:12 AM
Inactive User

Question

What is the best Flowmaster for my application? I have been looking at the "50" series SUV 5"(52557). But i was wondering from the people that already have them if they were satisfied with the sound and performance? I want something that is mellow at idle but loud when you really get on it! Plus interior resonance is important, i don't want it too loud in the cab. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2000, 11:33 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Why do you want flomaster? Is it because thats what everybody else is using? Look for and ask for magnaflo. That's what I have on my 98 5.2 DAK. No chambers, no baffles,just straight through uninhibited sound and power. Check it out. There are a lot of products out there.Do some research. Don't jump into anything.

------------------
98 DAKOTA 5.2L cc auto
F&B TB
MP computer
K&N GEN2 FIPK
MAGNAFLOW 3" custom duals
JBA stainless coated headers
Old 01-30-2000, 01:17 AM
Inactive User

Question

I have heard a lot about Flowmaster's and yes it seems to be what most are using. I don't want the straight pipe sound, but how loud is your magnaflo setup at idle and in the cab? Where did you get your Mopar computer? Did it change the shift points and firmness, and what about you gas mileage after installing the Mopar computer? Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-30-2000, 12:52 PM
Inactive User

At idal the duals have a very low rumble,exactly what I expected. You have to remember with any cat-back system your are going to have to compromise a little cab comfort. It is hard to describe without actually hearing for yourself.Trust me I don't like loud either.Maybe when I was 16 but not any more! If you want to change your shift points,and make them feel firmer, just move the tv cable on the passenger side of the throttle body also called a kick down cable. Just pull the white clip off and slide the insulation towards the firewall about 1/8" at a time untill you get the desired effect. Changed my shift points about 500 rps and it doesn't feel like it is slipping into gear anymore. I ordered my mpc from summit for $362.00 plus shipping. Ph.1-800-230-3030. I don't Know about gas mileage, Idon't check it, and I can never keep my foot out of it anyway. the mpc gives you more seat of the pants at wide open throttle, and does change shift points closer to red line. Don't buy a chip! Nothing but junk.

[This message has been edited by pfarm (edited January 30, 2000).]