Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy mopar in trouble

Hi guys,
I believe that our beloved mopar is on its way out. Lets face it their advertising sucks. I see nothing about the '09 Ram, a truck that certainly beats all the competition. The new Challanger, HOT!!!!!! A dynamic car but see nothing about it in any of the media outlets. All i see is sales events. You can't sell what you don't promote. Bottom line, what can be done to save our beloved company? Certainly the powers that be are only concerned about their own pockets. Lets put our heads togather mabe somebody is listening.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Inactive User

Default Powers that be...

only care about their pockets? No Chrysler, no pockets! Foolish statement. Perhaps you actually hope that Chrysler drops dead.
Fraud and GM are in worse shape than Chrysler. More assets, but worse sales and higher overhead.
Now, go out and buy some foreign branded car/truck, and just show them who's boss!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Inactive User

Cool Ma mopar maybe but Chrysler maybe not...

As far as ads and stuff go that is expensive. Get a car out that everyone wants and you don't need many or even any real ads. I still don't remember that many PT Cruiser ads but it sold like crazy. Oh well time will tell and they probably won't listen to us any way. Hey they pay big bucks to ad guys and the like so we will see...
Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Inactive User

We don't need sales ads.........We are Mopar people......
If you know whats good for ya, You will.
" Put a Dodge in your garage"
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg leg View Post
only care about their pockets? No Chrysler, no pockets! Foolish statement. Perhaps you actually hope that Chrysler drops dead.
Fraud and GM are in worse shape than Chrysler. More assets, but worse sales and higher overhead.
Now, go out and buy some foreign branded car/truck, and just show them who's boss!
Webster's defines foreign as 1 situated outside one's own country, locality; etc. 2 of, from, or having to do with other countries 3 not belonging; not characteristic. Therefore i must confess that i have purchased two "foreign" vehicles. A WPC edition 300 Hemi C and a Town and Country mini van both manufctured in Canada. So go out and buy some "foreign" branded car/truck, and just show them who's boss? I guess i took your advice long before you gave it.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Inactive User

It will be a shame if chrysler goes under. In my opinion chysler has some of the better styling out there today out of all other american companies.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsrt8 View Post
A WPC edition 300 Hemi C and a Town and Country mini van both manufctured in Canada. So go out and buy some "foreign" branded car/truck, and just show them who's boss? I guess i took your advice long before you gave it.
Good for you, better than being some one who sends their money to the far east and somehow thinks it benefits the North American continent.
I've got no problem paying money for Canadian products, so many of our Mopars were built there and a lot of us have friends and family from there and living there. I don't really consider good neighbors, "foreign".
Old 09-14-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Hi guys,
I believe that our beloved mopar is on its way out.
Sorry, should have responded to this first. If Mopar is on the way out, and I'm fairly sure you meant more than just the Mopar parts division, then the whole North American continent is in for some serious economic hurt.
Chrysler has survived so many bad business moves before, let's just say I'm hardly ready to hit the panic button.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Inactive User

You are 100% correct. I myself have frienfds and relatives in Canada. I was trying to make a point and I do not consider Canada a foreign land. We should be more careful as to how we use the word foreign, because we could inadvertently offend our friends
Old 09-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Biggrin

Don't forget Mexico. I have had two Rams from there and maybe the PT. I'll have to look when I get a chance.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Inactive User

Good point Dick, I forgot about Mexico. Thanx for the refresh.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Inactive User

Chrysler is ina slump after leading the industry for many years. Its sometimes hard to top yourself, you know? The Challenger is a good direction...it really gets people talking about the brand and, eventually, gets them in the show rooms.
I like alot of their products. But what will they do for an encore after the curent Ram design? Thats the big question. And I bet they have something good up their sleeves..time will tell
Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
You are 100% correct. I myself have frienfds and relatives in Canada. I was trying to make a point and I do not consider Canada a foreign land. We should be more careful as to how we use the word foreign, because we could inadvertently offend our friends

Don't worry about it.... By the way, I'm a bit low on cash this week, can you loan me $20 till next Friday?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Inactive User

Of course! $20 no problem. But the way the mighty dollar looks right now it may be worth only $10!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Didn't ford F-150 for the first time ever get out sold BY Dodge this year?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Inactive User

Default out sold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar29mod View Post
Didn't ford F-150 for the first time ever get out sold BY Dodge this year?
I don't know, I hope your right. I'll have to investigate
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
I don't know, I hope your right. I'll have to investigate
Well heres the skinny. Wish I had better news. I found these #s on WSJ.com/auto sales. Ford F-series 359,971 ytd 2008. Chevrolet Silverado 320,074 ytd 2008. Dodge Ram 175,246 ytd 2008. Percentage change from '07. Ford -25.2 Chevy -24.8 Dodge -29.0. The only thing that bothers me is the F-series, are the #s combined to include F-150,250 and 350? I don't know. Not a bad site though it gives info on every vehicle sold in U.S. it's worth a look. Mabe '09 will be the year of the Ram! Lets hope so.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Inactive User

Does it specifically say that the Silverado or Ram are the 1500s? They are probably comparing the 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton numbers as a combined figure for all 3 makes. Im sorry to say though, truck sales arent going to be going up much if at all as long as fuel prices stay high. Alot of the inflated sales numbers on trucks in the past decade or so happened because fuel prices were low, and just about anyone could afford to drive a truck if they wanted to, and it became a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing with alot of people that did not really need them.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Inactive User

They need to make a small Neon like car again. Not another crossover/suv/fugly bigger,taller than a car thing.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Swinger View Post
Does it specifically say that the Silverado or Ram are the 1500s? They are probably comparing the 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton numbers as a combined figure for all 3 makes. Im sorry to say though, truck sales arent going to be going up much if at all as long as fuel prices stay high. Alot of the inflated sales numbers on trucks in the past decade or so happened because fuel prices were low, and just about anyone could afford to drive a truck if they wanted to, and it became a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing with alot of people that did not really need them.
No it does not. I think your right about combined #s. No matter how you cut it though it's still rather sobering. Gas prices certainly are effecting Dodge truck/suv sales. Mabe Chrysler engineering can figure out away to squeeze 30mpg out of the 5.7 and stuff it in a truck. Sounds crazy I know. But hey,ya never know. Buy the way, since the government is looking at bailing out these large financial institutions in this economic termoil should they also give financial assistance to the big three? Whats your oppinion. And anyone else that wants to way in.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Inactive User

I don't mind the goberment backed loans but I'm against the bailout plan that's going on now. It worked well for Chrysler back in 80 or was it 79....and they paid it back early even. So many called it a bailout etc but what's the difference between a goberment backed loan vs a VA loan. Both are backed by the goberment. Anyways, if we let the finacial institutions flounder, no one will be able to get a loan for anything and the economy will come to a standstill and not only will mom and pop businesses go down the tubes, so will many larger businesses and corporations.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Inactive User

BTW--Did teh improved HEMI make it to the Charger et al? With the 380 HP and better MPG? Did that change only stay with the trucks? :-) PCRMike
Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Inactive User

It made it to the Chally, Im sot sure about the Chargers or 300s though, but it stands to make sense that it would.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Inactive User

Confused

Look, they need to advertise,a few years back (here in pa at least) you couldn't watch any motor sports or car show and some sports events with out seeing a fram commercial,they jammed there product down your throat.Keeping there product name in your mind ,so any time you see an oil filter no matter what brand you would see that fram comercial pop up in your minds eye.Toyota is doing the same thing, and here in Pa I'm seeing more and more of them on the road.I have not seen one football game this year with out a toyo commercial,sometimes its the same commercial over and over again its sickening.I see no commercial for any Chrysler products,remember out of site out of mind,very few people are buying,so you need to keep your product name and its attractions in those consumers heads,just my thoughts on this subject,,,speedfreak.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Inactive User

Default advertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Look, they need to advertise,a few years back (here in pa at least) you couldn't watch any motor sports or car show and some sports events with out seeing a fram commercial,they jammed there product down your throat.Keeping there product name in your mind ,so any time you see an oil filter no matter what brand you would see that fram comercial pop up in your minds eye.Toyota is doing the same thing, and here in Pa I'm seeing more and more of them on the road.I have not seen one football game this year with out a toyo commercial,sometimes its the same commercial over and over again its sickening.I see no commercial for any Chrysler products,remember out of site out of mind,very few people are buying,so you need to keep your product name and its attractions in those consumers heads,just my thoughts on this subject,,,speedfreak.
I've been watching some tv tonight and decided to keep track of auto comercials.In four hours 9 toyota, 11 honda, 5 kia, 7 hundai, 2 chevy, 4 ford, 6 subaru, 2 mazda, 1 bmw, 1 volkswagon (which by the way looks alot like the chrysler mini van, figure that one out). but guess what........NO CHRYSLER COMERCIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We as chrysler people don't need advertising thats a no brainer. So how do ya stop somebody from buying the above mentioned if you don't showcase your product? Ya don't, its that simple. And i believe that the news of the past week gives validity to the argument.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Inactive User

Yup. It IS a mopar mini that VeeDub has rebadged, with mild styling changes. :-( PCRMike
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
I've been watching some tv tonight and decided to keep track of auto comercials.In four hours 9 toyota, 11 honda, 5 kia, 7 hundai, 2 chevy, 4 ford, 6 subaru, 2 mazda, 1 bmw, 1 volkswagon (which by the way looks alot like the chrysler mini van, figure that one out). but guess what........NO CHRYSLER COMERCIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We as chrysler people don't need advertising thats a no brainer. So how do ya stop somebody from buying the above mentioned if you don't showcase your product? Ya don't, its that simple. And i believe that the news of the past week gives validity to the argument.
Never noticed that until you mentioned it, they're few and far between! I've seen almost as many commercials for the VW van that it's Mopar brethren.