Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-12-2000, 05:01 PM

I had an old Ford that had the headliner comming down. I got a spray adhesive from pepboys that was made exclusively for fixing that problem. I took off one trim piece, sprayed it in and smoothed out the liner. Put the piece back on and it's was good as new. Be careful not to streach the liner when putting it back in as that will make it come loose again. My $.02 on how I did it.....hope it helps you out!
Old 07-12-2000, 05:33 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I had the same problem in a Ranger I had years ago (sorry MOPAR guys). FastDak is on, when he told you about that spray adhesive. Just take off the old one, clean under it real good, spray it down and lay it back on there. I took my hand and just kinda worked any wrinkles out (without stretching anything.) Works.

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."
Mid Michigan MOPAR Enthusiasts
Old 08-07-2000, 05:47 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by ram1500:
Got a qusetion for you guys. The headliner in Dad's 87 Dakota is coming loose and falling down. He got one opinion on how to stick the liner back up, any of you guys ever deal with this, how'd you fix it?
Had the same problem in my 87 dakota and went to Wal-wart got 2 yards of material and a can 0f 3M (Super Adhesivo 77) spray glue costs 13 dollars overall.Headliner comes out real easy ( you might want to tear old material off)take sunvisers off remove rest of bolt ons,remove seat belt anchors loosen vinyl panals.Carefully remove headliner it is made of molded floam and tears very easy.Take a small brush and clean old glue off,spray glue on ,spead material,installation is reverse.Looks beautiful PS old header is probably rotted out will tear if handled with anything but kid gloves. this is how I did mind,Hezcat

------------------