Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-18-2000, 05:39 AM
Inactive User

I Have A 99 R/T club cab and my dad has a 95 Impala SS. We were teasing each other the other day about whose vehicle is faster in the quarter mile, and whose would be fastest to 100 mph. Of course each of us defended our vehicles honor. My truck is basically stock, but I have added a K&N filter charger kit and the mopar performance control module. My dad's Impala is all stock except for the performance computer "chip". He says that there is no way my 250 hp truck is going to outrun his 290 hp Impala. I tell him it's also about output torque as well as horsepower! What do you fellow R/T owners think? Should we run 'em and see who comes out second? By the way, I'll be adding an exhaust system and headers in the future. If I come in second, it will be much sooner than later. I know that a good exhaust makes a world of difference to the R/T's! I would appreciate your comments here or you can email me at n3a6scar@aol.com
Old 08-18-2000, 12:31 PM

Wink

Go ahead and run him! Let us know how badly he gets beat. Personally, I'd get my exhaust done first so that he can really hear you pulling away as you two race down the road.

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20
Old 08-19-2000, 01:07 AM
Inactive User

I don't know who'll be quicker but it should be a fun race. The Impala's were rated at 260hp. If your dad really thinks a chip has added another 30hp, I've got a bridge he might be interested in
Old 08-19-2000, 04:22 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

If you get that exhaust done don't forget the Throttle Body! Modified, this sucka wakes up the 360 to the tune of 20-30hp, especially when combined with a good exhaust system. 'Ol Dad will have to play catch up!
Old 08-19-2000, 07:18 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I think you will wax him off the start but he will reel you in and it will be dead even at the end...
Old 08-22-2000, 04:51 AM
Inactive User

I had a chance to drive my dad's impala this past weekend. It is a very fast car! I think you may be right about getting him off the line and holding him off. I know the impala's have one heck of an overdrive so he probably would get me on the top end!
Quote:
Originally posted by WannaRoc:
I think you will wax him off the start but he will reel you in and it will be dead even at the end...

------------------
Old 08-22-2000, 06:44 PM

I ran an impala ss from a 35 mph rolling start, and I gave him a car length. I cant say that we ran the entire 1/4, we were were coming up on rush hour traffic, but I was pulling on the ss, I would say he was just about at my door when i hit the hooks!!! It would be a good race
Old 08-23-2000, 01:43 AM
Inactive User

What type of performance goodies do you have on your truck? I take it that you have an R/T also.
Quote:
Originally posted by musclebound:
I ran an impala ss from a 35 mph rolling start, and I gave him a car length. I cant say that we ran the entire 1/4, we were were coming up on rush hour traffic, but I was pulling on the ss, I would say he was just about at my door when i hit the hooks!!! It would be a good race