Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-24-2000, 05:19 AM
Inactive User

please help me or let me know is ther a lot of trouble involved in taking my 98 dak 3.9 v6 5sp out and putting in a 98 360v8 and using my 5sp it looks like everything is identicaly the same but with 2cyl cut off? the new 360 i have is complete acc,ac,ps,comp,harness etc.

------------------
greg moss
Old 08-25-2000, 02:58 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I've never done it, but I'm a dodge dealer mechanic, and there is almost no difference between the engines and how they go in the truck. you will need a new pcm, and that may be a problem. you can't use a Ram pcm, so you are limited to a Dakota/Durango pcm, it may be tough to find a pcm for a 5.9 with a 5 speed. Also, make sure your harness is for a 5 speed 5.9 truck. the a/c hoses will have to be replaced, (the v8 hoses are longer) and the fan shroud. Mostly it will be little stuff that will drive you crazy. (I know, I used to build bikes and was always trying something different, "Gee, those Suzuki upside down forks would look good on my Yamaha...") let us know how it turns out. GOOD LUCK!

------------------
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.