Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Movies and Television

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

Default Fast & Furious trailer

Has anyone seen the new Fast & Furious trailer, looks like they brought back the charger.. heres the site with the trailer,its at the end of the trailer. there are two trailers they just added one but click on the TEASER TRAILER thats the one with the charger. fastandfuriousmovie.net
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, I saw the poster at the theater and the supercharger caught my eye.

I just check out the preview...

I didn't see the Charger anywhere in it, and I got the distinct impression that the movie focused more on some sort of cop story, then on street racing. Vin Diesel is driving a GNX. Yippie.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Inactive User

I think you watched the wrong one, there are two of them, click on the teaser trailer, its were they are hijacking a tanker truck at the begining.... the car is at the end of trailer, its just a small glimps of it..
Old 01-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Inactive User

Theres a few glimpses of the Charger through the teaser, I just can't really tell if it's a '68-'70. Could have sworn I saw Hot Rod Magazine's F-Bomb Camaro in there too.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Inactive User

Looks like an early 70's charger to me. Looks like it has the front bumper that surrounds the grille/headlights.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

Default Can't Wait

I'm really looking forward to this one. It looks like they got away from that tokyo junk and back to being fast and furious
Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Inactive User

Ill probably wait till it comes out on DVD, but I will watch it at least once. I saw some footage of how they got that Chevelle to do wheelstands, can you say long mount off the back bumper with lots of weight? At least the Charger in the first one did it by its self lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Inactive User

Unfortunately the guy in charge of working on the cars did not want to work with more than one kind of drive train so they shoved GM motors in everything that had a V-8. I have not seen the movie, main reason I would be interested is for the Mopars.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparCzy View Post
Unfortunately the guy in charge of working on the cars did not want to work with more than one kind of drive train so they shoved GM motors in everything that had a V-8.
That's the sign of the mediocre mechanic, who can only work on one kind of vehicle.
As well as the mediocre street rod, street machine, pretty much any automotive project. It's the same kind of thinking that assumes McDonald's food is gourmet!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Unfortunately the guy in charge of working on the cars did not want to work with more than one kind of drive train so they shoved GM motors in everything that had a V-8. I have not seen the movie, main reason I would be interested is for the Mopars.
No offense, but, I would call BS on this one. Makes no sense what-so-ever. Probably something made up by some chebby guy out there.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman Stephan View Post
No offense, but, I would call BS on this one. Makes no sense what-so-ever. Probably something made up by some chebby guy out there.
I read it in an article about the movie when it was first coming out. Seems weird to me too and no I don't remember where I saw the article anymore.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
I read it in an article about the movie when it was first coming out. Seems weird to me too and no I don't remember where I saw the article anymore.
Since I posted this I have seen more articles about this movie. The car made for close ups has a Mopar drivetrain, all of the other ones got a GM drivetrain for ease of maintenance according to the guy who runs the shop that built the cars for the movie.