Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-17-2000, 08:05 PM
Inactive User

Question

I have a 2000 Dakota, i have already done some work to it like a flowmaster exaust system ( which sounds awesome), i got the tail light covers, and i put a sound system in, I plan on getting a K&N filter charger system also. but there is a whole list of thing that i want to do to it still, but i want to get everyones opioion first. First, if i get new headers will that void my warranty? Also, will a new computer void it too? If not what do you recommend? Is is better to get a steel cowl induction or fiberglass ram air hood, i want it to match the body perfect? will a body lift look dumb or is it better that a suspention lift? I want to get a new grill and inserts, but i dont know what the best is, any advise? Thanks for all your help and send me any pictures and websites you guys have to give me some ideas. Thanks
Old 09-18-2000, 07:14 AM
Intense Blue Member

I cannot speak on the body mods, but I can recommend the K&N GenII system, the MP PCM and a ported TB. I'd wait on the headers - with the Flowmaster catback you are open enough on the exhaust side; time to open up the intake. The K&N and PCM will not void the waranty, and neither will the headers or TB unless they can be shown to have caused the problem which is warrantied.

The install on the PCM, K&N and TB is pretty easy if you have a basic mechanical skill level. Instructions are pretty good, especially the PCM and GenII. These mods should compliment your exhaust nicely, and at WOT that open intake will "honk" mightily!

Jay T
00 IB CC R/T
Old 09-19-2000, 04:25 AM
Inactive User

Thanks for all you help fluid, i am going to look into the computer, and the k&n. i will let you know how it goes. thanks agian