Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-18-2000, 08:41 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

The Truckin' Nationals are coming back to Phoenix. The event is for the weekend of October 7-8th.

The event includes a show and shine, drag racing, burnout contest, toughest 4x4 contest, bikini contest, stereo contest, Worlds Fastest Street Legal PickUp contest along with vendors of just about every performance or aftermarket part on the planet! This year they are also including a hot bike contest, which includes a show and shine and drag-racing with a slow-ride contest and a dyno shoot-out to find out who has the baddest bike. All that plus live bands and did I mention the "scenery"? (Kinda goes along with the show & shine and bikinis)

www.firebirdraceway.com/truckin/truckin.htm

Last year there was a full contingent of Dakotas there racing against mainly Lightnings. There were only 3 or 4 GMs in the Drag Racing area. As far as that WFSLPU contest... there are 9 and 10 second trucks competing for this. I don't really believe they would be very street legal but that's who the competition is. They also had the worlds fastest Dakota at the event 6.30s???? (It's a jet-car with a Dakota body on it) Still quite impressive. This year it looks like there will be quite a few more Lightnings to contend with, so we need a good showing of Dakotas! I'll be there... I live about 2 miles from the track! It looks like there will be a few Dakotas coming over from California also. October is when Arizona actually starts to be nice again, so come on out and show those Lightnings that they aren't as bad as they think!

One of the slower competitors - 14.87 @ 91

Old 07-21-2000, 12:53 PM

It looks like a good time! Too bad I live on the other side of the country.
Old 07-24-2000, 05:05 AM
Inactive User

This the dak you were talkin about? I was there last year, it wasn't that bad. Definitely needs to get some more dodge trucks in it though. I plan on goin again this year if I can make it.
Old 07-24-2000, 04:30 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by gouge97:

This the dak you were talkin about? I was there last year, it wasn't that bad. Definitely needs to get some more dodge trucks in it though. I plan on goin again this year if I can make it.
Cool. I hope you can make it again this year. What were you driving? Did you race at all? I was racing my '98 R/T. We had a pretty good group of R/Ts but we were still outnumbered by Lightnings I think. Do you remember seeing this truck?

Duner's '98 R/T - 14.61@94 at Truckin' Nationals
Old 07-27-2000, 09:41 AM
Inactive User

I can't really remember your truck, sorry. I only showed up for one day. I wanted to race but wasn't ready for it then. I was in my 97 Ram (black sport, white Mopar Performance sticker on the tailgate). It was sittin in the parkin area. I'll most likely race it next year though. You're right about the Lightnings, them damn ford people drove a bunch of em down from Michigan to show em off. Next year I'll be drivin down from Michigan myself and show them up if they returned. I'll look out for ya next year (and maybe if I'm in the Phoenix area too).
Old 09-21-2000, 12:54 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Just bringing it to the top as a reminder. It's in a little more than 2 weeks from now....just in case any of you guys wanted to come out and challenge my little 4.7 Sport!