Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-29-2000, 04:35 AM

Exclamation

Anyone that is thinking of getting a MP PCM please read this before putting out your hard earned money.
MP does not have ANY type of warranty on the PCM's.
The 2000 catalog showed a 12 month limited parts warranty. One of the guy's at work had me order him a PCM from the catalog for his 98' Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9L.
He installed it and flashed it for VIN and mileage. Drove it for almost 1 month, was really impressed with the performance improvement. Then one day on the way home the engine wouldn't stay running without feathering the throttle.
The next day we hooked up the DRBlll to it, it showed "NO signal to cylinder #6". We thought, hey no problem. He reinstalled the stock PCM and we ordered a replacement PCM.
This was about 2 months ago. Today we heard from Chrysler that they denied the warranty claim on the part. They said it was not a warranty part.
The service manager was on the phone with someone from Chrysler's MP department for no less than 3 differant times trying to get it worked out. They said NO WAY!

Sorry that this is so long, but I thought I would warn you guy's about this, so you don't run into the same problem.
I don't know if ANY company has any type of warranty on PCM's, but it might be a good idea to check it out before hand.

Later,
Jeff C.

Old 09-29-2000, 03:27 PM

In all honesty, JET is no better. Their customer service reps I spoke to (at least 3 or 4 different ones) were idiots and they won't do anything for you.

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20