Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-29-2000, 03:56 PM

Exclamation

I finally recieved my new throttle body from Jules at Magnum Performance. I ordered the SuperKarbine 250 with modified shaft and teflon coating. Let me tell you that when I opened the box, I was certainly suprised. The craftsman ship was indeed no joke! There definately was some serious time put into making this thing, not to mention inginuity. There was also some unique features which told me that Jules was not over hyping what he does. The product was indeed carefully engineered. So, I decided to put this thing on to see if it will perform as well as it looks. The instructions that came with it was very easy to follow and it took me less that 20 minutes to perform the swap with new sensors and all. I fired up the truck and decided to go for a test drive. To my suprise, my truck jumped out of the driveway almost running over a bush and squealed out into the road. I WAS A LITTLE SCARED! I babied it through the neighborhood and onto the main road where I could get on it some. Even though the computer had not yet adjusted to the increased air flow, it was a MONSTER! After sreaming up and down the road a little bit, I decided that this was indeed the best decisions that I have made concerning the performance of my truck. This morning going into work, in stop and go traffic, I had to hit the brakes more than once to keep from flattening the poor soul in front of me. The off the line power is UNREAL. It was worth the wait and money I paid and believe me, I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. I was so anxious to get this piece for so long that I was all ready to tear apart anything that I felt was not up to my overly hyped expectations. Not only did it meet my expectations, but surpassed then. I figure that the computer should be making full power in about two weeks. I can't wait!

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20
Old 09-29-2000, 05:53 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Glad you finally got it and it was everything you hoped it would be.

Start saving for tires now !

------------------
"Good Luck on your project."

Mid Michigan MOPAR Enthusiasts
Old 09-29-2000, 06:25 PM

Actually RM, my Firestone SS20s (yes I said Firestones) are less than a year old. They are a newly designed performance tire that really hold the road pretty well. They are also the widest 235/70R15 tires that I could find at 8.9 inches that would fit on stock 15x6 wheels.

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, Magnum Performance Suped Karbine 250 throttle body with modified shaft and teflon upgrade, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20
Old 09-29-2000, 06:38 PM
Inactive User

Sounds good, I planned on getting a TB soon, and have heard alot of people complaining about Quick D and their customer skills.

Gives another option thanks.

I notice you have the MSD installed, Are you happy with it? Performance noticable?

Thanks.
Im going back to Ram Chat now.
Old 09-29-2000, 07:01 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

If you noticed that much improvement with all the mods you already have that is very impressive. How much did it cost? I know they are pricey. I've considered buying one and getting it through Magnum Performance but kinda turned off by the long waits. But there will be snow on the ground here soon for at least 5 months so I have a long wait anyways before I can really stomp on it.
Old 09-29-2000, 07:33 PM
Inactive User

I also got a TB from Jules also back in July. To bad I haven't received my check back from him for the core return and I've talked to him several times about it.
Old 09-29-2000, 08:01 PM

Dreaming of power, the MSD ignition was the third mod I made after the Flowmaster and K+N. At that time, if felt only a sight increase of power, although the throttle response was much better. I'm sure that if I were to hook back up my old ignition, I would definately notice a difference. It is kind of one of those pieces that make up the whole setup.

95redsport, I spent $1000 on the particular TB I recieved. Yes that is a lot of money but it was worth it. I also recieved some additional upgrades from Jules for a special deal(one of the reasons mine took a little longer). There are different levels so you can get one at just about any price (spend a little more and you won't regret it), and Jules will work with you to get what you want. But put in your order now, because they do take a while to make (up to four steps/different shops depending on what you want).

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, Magnum Performance Super Karbine 250 throttle body, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20