Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:31 AM
Inactive User

dudes and duddettes,

i wanna get a hold of some R/T suspension. please reply........

MORE POWER TO DODGE

thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty
Old 10-05-2000, 01:57 AM
Inactive User

Why do you want the R/T suspension? If you want the drop, spend the money and get a hotchkis suspension kit.?

------------------
Anthony Leone
13.27@102.73
99 FR RC R/T
Old 10-05-2000, 11:19 PM
Inactive User

dude,

thats the thing bro. i talked to a sales person at hotchkis and they wanted too much. an R/T suspension is all i can afford for now........... and its really cheap too.

MORE POWER TO DODGE

Thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty

Quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged5.9R/T:
Why do you want the R/T suspension? If you want the drop, spend the money and get a hotchkis suspension kit.?

Old 10-06-2000, 03:59 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Scotty,

I put the entire R/T suspension under my '00 4.7 Sport. It's better handling than it was and gets less wheel hop also. It still doesn;t handle as good as an R/T yet. I think a good portion of the R/Ts handling is the wheel and tire combo. With the complete R/T suspension on my truck with the sport's goodyears the R/Ts still outhandled me quite badly. I'm hoping to change all of that with a set of R/T wheels and tires.

On the R/Ts - with the 5.9 engine in them, the back end of the truck is a little higher than the front. On my truck - with the 4.7 engine, the front end sits higher than it would with the 5.9. This makes my truck sit completely level. Maybe the front end sitting higher than it does on a 5.9 R/T hurts the handling also.

Oh, and if you are looking for the parts:
The front sway bar is exactly the same between the two trucks.
The shocks are exactly the same also.
The front springs are about 1" shorter than the sport springs.
The rear springs are about 4" shorter than the sport springs.
The rear sway bar is about twice as big around as the sport rear sway bar.

To boil it down you need: Both front springs, both rear springs, the rear sway bar. Hopefully you can find these things cheaply enough, or maybe even just pay for the shipping and you can get them free from somebody that already switched to the Hotchkis kit. Hopefully you won't be disappointed with it. If you are looking for the nice "low" look and the handling.....you better save up for the Hotchkis. Nobody that's seen my truck can even tell I switched springs! hehehe
Old 10-06-2000, 04:43 AM
Inactive User

DUNER,

i have a 2000 Dodge Dakota Clu Cab with teh V6, 3.9L engine. my buddy said that i could easily fit the 2000 R/T suspension on my Dodge.

in fact i had it modified to look the R/T. got the foglights, and the tires and rims. the 17 x 9 and the 255 tires. and it looks way better than it used to.

i was jus wondering would the R/T suspension affect my warranty? should have asked that first.

and with looking for parts. is it the same for my Club Cab V6, 3.9L?

MORE POWER TO DODGE
Thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty

Quote:
Originally posted by Duner:
Scotty,

I put the entire R/T suspension under my '00 4.7 Sport. It's better handling than it was and gets less wheel hop also. It still doesn;t handle as good as an R/T yet. I think a good portion of the R/Ts handling is the wheel and tire combo. With the complete R/T suspension on my truck with the sport's goodyears the R/Ts still outhandled me quite badly. I'm hoping to change all of that with a set of R/T wheels and tires.

On the R/Ts - with the 5.9 engine in them, the back end of the truck is a little higher than the front. On my truck - with the 4.7 engine, the front end sits higher than it would with the 5.9. This makes my truck sit completely level. Maybe the front end sitting higher than it does on a 5.9 R/T hurts the handling also.

Oh, and if you are looking for the parts:
The front sway bar is exactly the same between the two trucks.
The shocks are exactly the same also.
The front springs are about 1" shorter than the sport springs.
The rear springs are about 4" shorter than the sport springs.
The rear sway bar is about twice as big around as the sport rear sway bar.

To boil it down you need: Both front springs, both rear springs, the rear sway bar. Hopefully you can find these things cheaply enough, or maybe even just pay for the shipping and you can get them free from somebody that already switched to the Hotchkis kit. Hopefully you won't be disappointed with it. If you are looking for the nice "low" look and the handling.....you better save up for the Hotchkis. Nobody that's seen my truck can even tell I switched springs! hehehe
[This message has been edited by Scotty (edited October 05, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Scotty (edited October 05, 2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 04:47 AM
Inactive User

dude,

its for my 2000 Dodge Dakota Club Cab the ones with the V6, 3.9L engines. i don't wanna mess up the warranty. and if they ask i can just say that it already came with a R/T suspension. or something like that.

MORE POWER TO DODGE
Thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty

Quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged5.9R/T:

Old 10-06-2000, 06:04 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty:
DUNER,

i have a 2000 Dodge Dakota Clu Cab with teh V6, 3.9L engine. my buddy said that i could easily fit the 2000 R/T suspension on my Dodge.

in fact i had it modified to look the R/T. got the foglights, and the tires and rims. the 17 x 9 and the 255 tires. and it looks way better than it used to.

i was jus wondering would the R/T suspension affect my warranty? should have asked that first.

and with looking for parts. is it the same for my Club Cab V6, 3.9L?

Scotty,

If you don't have the Sport handling package than you would need the front sway-bar from either another sport or an R/T. I don't know for sure exactly what the differences would be between the weights/springs needed for the 3.9 vs the 4.7 or the 5.9 engines. It sounds to me like you have the rest of the parts handled quite nicely. As far as warranty, I doubt that anybody would even notice. I know mine still has all of the factory part number stickers on everything so it looks completely factory even from underneath it on the lift. The only part of the warranty that I could even think of it effecting would be if there was a problem with one of the R/T pieces....then you would be on your own as far as the R/T part that might have failed. I seriously doubt that there would ever be any issue as far as warranty goes. And if you didn't tell them you switched it, they wouldn't ever even guess you did.
Old 10-07-2000, 12:51 AM
Inactive User

The warrenty on your truck can't be voided by a suspension change. It only voids the parts you changed out and doesn't cover the new parts you put in. I've heard that the front coils and rear leafs on the R/Ts are the same on the four cylinder trucks. This would explain the 2000 lbs towing capcity for both model trucks. The reason the R/T is lower is because it weighs more. I don't know how true this is, has anyone else heard the same? If this happens to be true, try to find one at a junk yard. Could save some more cash. Just to let you know, Ground Force also makes a good kit for the 3.9 v6. Much cheaper than the Hotchkis, might be in your price range.
Old 10-07-2000, 02:39 AM
Inactive User

dude,

thanks for the quick reply. and with the suspension. do you know who how much is it gonna be?

MORE POWER TO DODGE
Thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty

Quote:
Originally posted by Deep Dak:
The warrenty on your truck can't acct be voided by a suspension change. It only voids the parts you changed out and doesn't cover the new parts you put in. I've heard that the front coils and rear leafs on the R/Ts are the same on the four cylinder trucks. This would explain the 2000 lbs towing capcity for both model trucks. The reason the R/T is lower is because itst weighs more. I don't know how true this is, has anyone else heard the same? If this happens to be true, try to find one at a junk yard. Could save some more cash. Just to let you know, Ground Force also makes a good kit for the 3.9 v6. Much cheaper than the Hotchkis, might be in your price range.
Old 10-07-2000, 03:41 AM

Hey Scotty!
I was reading your posts and you were refering to everybody to Dude (there's nothing wrong with that). I'm thinking were's this guy from, then I notice your'e from Hawaii.
Cool!
Let me guess you're a surfer?

------------------
1994 Ram 360 Red/Silver

2/4 Drop, Clear Lenses, Keystone Front Bumper, 6inch Hella lights, Rollpan, Champion Spark plugs, MSD wires, K&N Filtercharger, JBA Headers, Sony Xplod CD player www.ram360sst.homestead.com
Old 10-07-2000, 08:13 AM
Inactive User

Scotty,
Check at www.truckperformance.com they carry three different ground force kits for your truck. From about $300 up to $450 or so. These kits include front coils, rear : (leaf springs, shackles, or blocks), shocks, and rear bumpstops. You'll have to buy some front bumpstops seperately. Checkout www.groundforce.com for more info on their kits.
As fas as the R/T suspension goes, have no idea how much they go for. I think the only difference between the R/T and the four banger are the shocks and swaybars. I couldn't imagine this kit being worth too much, but I could be mistaken. Later
Old 10-07-2000, 07:26 PM
Inactive User

dude,

yup thats way true!!!! i used to be a beach bum till i started to get bills up the butt!!!! now i'm the weekend warrior surfer type. and when ever the swells are up.

MORE POWER TO DODGE

Thanks and MAHALO,
Scotty

Quote:
Originally posted by RAM360SST:
Hey Scotty!
I was reading your posts and you were refering to everybody to Dude (there's nothing wrong with that). I'm thinking were's this guy from, then I notice your'e from Hawaii.
Cool!
Let me guess you're a surfer?