Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Inactive User

Default Weight Transfer......Is it work the effort?

when i have my eng out of the Cuda, for the stroker transformation........It looks like i could cut, and move, my motor mounts brackets back about 2, with out messing with the fire wall.........Is it worth the effort????

Might even be enough room too move it 3"
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Inactive User

just build a doghouse, and move it back 8" and be done with it... lmao...
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Inactive User

For better handling or drag racing?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Inactive User

2 inches might be a waste of effort, unless it was a slalom car. For off the line, there are easier ways to get better weight transfer. Aluminum engine parts, fiberglass hood. A really good one is Wilwood front disc brakes, which take offf 20 pounds per front wheel. I did that. And, battery in trunk. Also, I'll bet there are some things you haven't thought of yet, that may make this difficult. Might want to mock it up first!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudabob496 View Post
2 inches might be a waste of effort, unless it was a slalom car. For off the line, there are easier ways to get better weight transfer. Aluminum engine parts, fiberglass hood. A really good one is Wilwood front disc brakes, which take offf 20 pounds per front wheel. I did that. And, battery in trunk. Also, I'll bet there are some things you haven't thought of yet, that may make this difficult. Might want to mock it up first!
The Wilwood sound like a good idea, wow 40 pounds that allmost as good a alum heads. How much did it cost to convert?.....got a link?

Yeah have been thing a little but more about it............header and steering, problems shifter modifications, tranny cross member mods and that nick custom drive shaft would have to be shortened............My drive shaft loop............
A lot of work for 2"

Quote:
For better handling or drag racing?
Drag racing.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

I had a friend with a 75' 440 ci valiant that had cut the fire wall and moved the eng/trans 6 or 8 inches back.
Don't know if he ever finished it......
But it sitting in the drivers seat looking at 440 there reminded me of sitting low in a van with out the dog house on.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

BTW think sprung vs unsprung......
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing you View Post
BTW think sprung vs unsprung......
I thing it "spring" not Sprung, and yeah its almost here Yaaaaah!!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

JUST KIDDING! I understand.......Just thought i would be a smart a$$ this morning!!!!!

I rebuilt my front end and added disc's brakes off a 73 cuda back in 89. Didn't understand any thing about these turns(sprung and unsprug weight) back then..............front end is still in good shape after all these year...........

I thing it will be time to look close to these thing, when the eng come back out.............
Old 03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudafever View Post
The Wilwood sound like a good idea, wow 40 pounds that allmost as good a alum heads. How much did it cost to convert?.....got a link?

Yeah have been thing a little but more about it............header and steering, problems shifter modifications, tranny cross member mods and that nick custom drive shaft would have to be shortened............My drive shaft loop............
A lot of work for 2"

Drag racing.
Hotrods USA in Vancouver Washington had the best price. they throw in the correct length brake hoses for free too!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudafever View Post

A lot of work for 2"

Drag racing.
Ya, it was a pleaure putting those on the car. So light I couldn't believe it!!!
The disc brakes that were on there were from a 73 Swinger. Make good boat anchors!