Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-21-2000, 04:55 PM
Inactive User

Question

I have a 2000 Dakota SLT w/ the 4.7L V8, i have so far installed, 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust with a 2 chamber flowmaster, borla stainless steel headers (50 state legal), Jet Stage II chip and a replacement K&N filter.

My question is the Poweraid throttle body spacer worth the money and does it give any increase in performance. Also I have been searching high and low for a cold air induction system that is smog-legal since I live in Ca. What currently is available doen't really impress me too much. The Airaid model for the 4.7L looks kinda of half-baked compared to their other models for other motors and they don't indicate if theirs is smog-legal.

The Intense and QuickD models look pretty nice but again I don't think they are Carb exempted.

Does anybody know if K&N will be coming out w/ a Gen II anytime soon for the 4.7L since they and Mopar are the only ones marketing their products as smog legal for the 3.9, 5.2, & 5.9.
Old 10-21-2000, 08:26 PM
Slingn mud & burnin tires

the only performance gain you'll get from the TB spacer is from weight reduction... weight reduction from your wallet.. those would work on older TBI motors (GM) but not worth a hoot on our MPI motors.

------------------
Jon Smith
Cary, NC
educating the stupid, one kill at a time (quoteth Chuck)
www.fast4x4.net
Old 10-21-2000, 09:55 PM
Inactive User

As far as I know, none of the intakes you mentioned are CA state legal. It doesn't matter, just hold on to your stock intake. When the time comes to smog your vehicle, not often, put the stock one back in. I purchased the QuickD and was very impressed with the gains. I live in Cali with no problems and I don't expect any. Oh, where in Cali are you located? A few of us are going to Carlsbad on Nov. 18 for some 1/4 mile fun. Let me know if your interested.