Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-25-2000, 03:29 AM
Inactive User

I starded to put mine on today but there are a few things Im not to clear on and Powerdyne was not much help.(1)does your fuel pump run all the time? I thought it would turn on only when it was under boost.(2)the directions are not at all clear about the tensioner pulley.I have two extra pulleys (one is smooth and one is ribbed and neither is mentioned in the directions)(3)where did you mount your msd?(4)where does your k-n filter mount? it looks like its supposed to go in the forward(bigger) hole on the inner fender but thats where the servo for the cruise control is ,so that wont work.and finally where did you mount the boost retard knob?sorry about all the questions but the tech I talked to today didnt seem to know any more than me.(very little).....THANKS..Rodney

------------------
2000 Dakota SLT QC 360, Magnum Performance throttle body, 14x3 K-N filter,Jacobs ignition, 8.5 mm MSD wires,160 thermostat, Autolite 3922 plugs, 3 chamber Flowmaster with 2.5" pipes straight out the back, Trans-Go shift kit, Mopar PCM, 17" R/T wheels,Ceramic coated Mopar headers and the Powerdyne S/C was shipped yesterday
Old 10-25-2000, 09:46 PM
Inactive User

Rodney, no, my fuel pump does not run all the time. Im guessing you are confused about the 50 green wires. You want hook that wire to the green/black striped one. Get a test light, poke the green/black one and turn key on, if light comes on for about 2 seconds and then shuts off, you have the right one, if not, keep diggin. The tensioner pulley, you should use the smooth one, with the longest bolt cut out, facing UP. The k&n goes in the hole CLOSEST to the front of the truck on the passenger side, i dont know about the servo thing, mine is a 99. The msd, i mounted it behind my battery to keep it away from heat, you will need some more wire because they dont give you enough. The knob, i mounted it on the right side of my steering wheel, a little left of the power outlet. Hope i got everything in, tell me how it runs when you get the pd on there! Good luck!

------------------
Anthony Leone
13.09@102.92
99 FR RC R/T
Old 10-26-2000, 01:55 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey Anthony maybe you could get a job as a Powerdyne Tech.,obviously you know more about them than they do.I talked to a different idiot today and he didnt even know they made a blower for 2000 but thinks they might have an installation manual out in a week or so.........maybe I was not clear about the fuel pump.It doesnt run all the time,only with the key in run position,I just thought it was boost activated.I connected to the green 12ga wire and its hot when the key is on.......Im still not clear about the tension pulley. Do i mount the new pulley on the old bracket and then mount the whole thing on the front bracket for the s/cI feel stupid with all these questions but I just cant visualize how its supposed to go........THANKS-Rod
Old 10-26-2000, 10:59 PM
Inactive User

Ok i understand what you are saying now. They dont tell you that in the instructions, the mounting bracket for the s/c, at the bottom of the bracket there is 3 holes that you put the 3 2" inch spacers in. When you took the stock tensioner off, it was held on by 3 bolts in the same exact pattern as the bolts in the bottom of the mounting bracket. That is where you mount the s/c bracket. On the bracket, there are 2 holes that already have threads in them, that is where the new tensioner for the s/c goes. On the tensioner there are cutouts for the bolts to go through, the biggest cutout should be facing up. Make sure they gave you the right belt size, i had to go with the longest one, but they give you the part #'s in the back of the manual. When you tighten the belt, for some reason i just couldnt get it tight enough for where the belt wouldnt squeal, so when you take it out, listen for belt squealing, and you are gonna have to get kinda creative with it, i took a hammer and semi-tightened the bolts then lightly tapped the tensioner down till it was tight enough, but dont go too tight, or you will run into bearing problems down the road. Another thing, make sure the airhat is seated right on the tb, 9 times out of 10, people with boost leaks, this is the cause. Hope this helped and sorry it was so long, any more questions i would be glad to answer. Keep me posted on how she runs!

------------------
Anthony Leone
13.09@102.92
99 FR RC R/T
Old 10-29-2000, 03:08 AM
Inactive User

Angry

Well I almost got the S/C complete yesterday. I got as far as putting on the belt and it wont fit. It rubs on the lower radiator hose.I called Powerdyne again and finally talked to someone who knows what they,re talking about.2000 dakotas have a different radiator and fan shroud so an additional idler pulley and longer belt is required.they,re gonna ship the right stuff and the right installation manual.with any luck I;ll get this thing running next weekend.

------------------
2000 Dakota SLT QC 360, Magnum Performance throttle body, 14x3 K-N filter, 8.5 mm MSD wires,180 thermostat, Autolite 3922 plugs, 3 chamber Flowmaster with 2.5" pipes straight out the back, Trans-Go shift kit, Mopar PCM, 17" R/T wheels,Ceramic coated Mopar headers, MSD6BTM
Old 10-29-2000, 05:51 PM
Inactive User

Didnt randy sell you a kit for a 2000...?

Scott Q

------------------
Scott Q
00 Dakota R/T cc
Old 10-30-2000, 02:20 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Randy ordered it as a 2000, and the invoice from Powerdyne shows it as 2000.I did get the msd6btm which comes with the 00 kit just not the right belt and pulley.
Old 11-03-2000, 03:44 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

You may want to take note that the 00 crank pulley is smaller in diameter than the 97-99, which will not produce the full advertised boost. You can either get a crank pulley from a 99 or a 9 psi pulley for the SC.

------------------
Pwrdyn360
99 Dakota R/T
Powerdyne SC
Old 11-06-2000, 03:53 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Pwrdyn360, Thanks for the info,thats the first I heard about the crank pulley.Last time I talked to powerdyne they did say they changed the s/c pulley and I should see 7lb boost.maybe with the smaller crank pulley and 9 lb s/c pulley .That would also explain why they now include msd with boost retard. Thanks Rod

------------------
2000 Dakota SLT QC 360, Magnum Performance throttle body, 14x3 K-N filter, 8.5 mm MSD wires,180 thermostat, Autolite 3922 plugs, 3 chamber Flowmaster with 2.5" pipes straight out the back, Trans-Go shift kit, Mopar PCM, 17" R/T wheels,Ceramic coated Mopar headers, MSD6BTM