Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Inactive User

Cool Trubo for a 2.5 V6 Chrysler Sebring convertible?

I heard rumors that some dealerships put turbos on these cars back in the day. That's on the 2.5 V6 Mitsubishi engine. I have never seen one, but I would like to explore getting one for my Sebring convertible. Does anyone know where I might get one for my car and what it would cost? What the increase in HP might be and if any other conversions would be necessary to the engine to put a turbo on it?

Thanks,
enigma4444
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 AM

This engine was a relative of the one they put in the Dodge Stealth, which you could get with a turbo as well as many many other Mopar and Mitsubishi branded vehicles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_6G7_engine
You've got 2 choices, I figure. Either adopt a setup from a Mopar or Mitsubishi with the turbo, or check into aftermarket sources.
Also, there was a Turbo version of your car built in Mexico, though sourcing of parts and emissions regulations may or may not be a problem if you found parts or a parts car down there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysle...g_(convertible)
PS: In the future, you may want to make further inquiries in the Front Wheel Drive chat forum, that forum leans more towards this kind of vehicle.