Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-12-2000, 07:47 AM
Inactive User

Question

Hey 360Quad I see you have MSD wires and the Autolite plugs. I have the coil packs on top the plugs and was wondering if you did also. I went to a local speed shop and they told me there were no wires for the 4.7 yet. Since I am new to the speed thing I am not sue if I can use plug wires for this application. Do you know? Or anyone else? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-12-2000, 02:31 PM
Slingn mud & burnin tires

Until a company specifically makes a set for the 4.7, you'd have to settle with making your own cut-to-length. IMO, I would wait till they were produced application specific for the 4.7.

------------------
Jon Smith
Cary, NC
95 Dakota 4x4 CC
318, ported/polish heads, Crane Cam, MP PCM, 14x3 K&N, MSD digital 6 & Blaster SS coil, JBA headers, F&B TB, MPI intake, Crane 1.6 RR's, Hughe's dbl roller chain. 240+ rwhp
www.fast4x4.net
Old 11-12-2000, 04:52 PM

Lightbulb

Hi there, I also have a 4.7L engine. This engine does not have the conventional plug wires. I have a feeling these wires will not be able to be changed due to they are part of the factory wiring harness. The only thing you can change is the coil over plug sets. I contacted MSD about this to see if they have anything yet, and so far they don't. But they do say to look for soemthing at the beginning of the new year!!! Also you can change the plugs, but a fair warning, do not use platnium plugs!! I recently changed mine back from platniums to autolite 5224's. But they are a little tricky to change so be careful!!
Old 11-12-2000, 04:53 PM

Lightbulb

Hi there, I also have a 4.7L engine. This engine does not have the conventional plug wires. I have a feeling these wires will not be able to be changed due to they are part of the factory wiring harness. The only thing you can change is the coil over plug sets. I contacted MSD about this to see if they have anything yet, and so far they don't. But they do say to look for soemthing at the beginning of the new year!!! Also you can change the plugs, but a fair warning, do not use platnium plugs!! I recently changed mine back from platniums to autolite 5224's. But they are a little tricky to change so be careful!!
Old 11-12-2000, 04:58 PM

Exclamation

Sorry for the double posting....but i also wanted to amend my statement....if you want to see the warning about platnium plugs look for the main posting titled 4.7L spark plugs!!! and then you can thank those guys!!!