Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-11-2000, 08:09 AM
Inactive User

Question

Hey everyone I am a new Dodge owner. 2000 CC
4.7 I have a few mods but I am looking for more and I'm not sure where to look. I have seen a lot of postings for Magnum performance. Do they have a website? Any help from you experienced owners out there would be great! Thanks
Old 11-11-2000, 07:04 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Arawn, first of all , welcome! Now, about Magnum Performance, some people have had good luck dealing with them but a vast majority(including myself)have experienced terrible customer service and downright rudeness. To their credit, they do pruduce the finest quality custom throttle bodies. However, they are very expensive and they take forever(in some cases almost a year)to obtain. So unless you are a very patient, tolerant person and you are exclusively after a TBI, it would be best to go with any other parts house. If you are brave enough, here's Magnum's web address: www.fastdodge.com Also, remember not to confuse MAGNUM Performance with MOPAR performance. They are two completely different animals. Just my .02 hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2000, 10:31 PM

Jules at Magnum Performance has the best parts around, but they aren't cheap and take some time to produce. If you want custom performance parts, he is the way to go. As far as dealing with him, either you're a customer or not. If you're ready to buy, he'll work with you, but if you're a little wishy-washy....forget about it.

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, Magnum Performance Super Karbine 250 throttle body, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20
Old 11-12-2000, 05:36 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Arawn, I agree with everything Fastdak just said.I've had a Magnum Performance throttle body for about three years now and love it.If for any reason I needed another I'd spend the money and wait the wait for another one.

Fastdak, Do you have any idea who has good prices on 1.7 roller rockers.They're next on my list.

------------------
2000 Dakota SLT QC 360, Magnum Performance throttle body, 8.5 mm MSD wires,180 thermostat, Autolite 3923 plugs, 3 chamber Flowmaster with 2.5" pipes straight out the back, Trans-Go shift kit, Mopar PCM, 255-55-17's on R/T wheels,Ceramic coated Mopar headers, MSD6BTM with SS blaster coil,Powerdyne S/C
Old 11-13-2000, 03:18 AM

360Quad, I actually got mine from Jules with the upgraded pushrods and guides. You may as well get the Mopar Magnum valve covers too. They are pretty cool looking! The only thing I can tell you is to shop around on the internet and mail order catalogs. Try pricing KRC performance, Summit and Jegs. I think that KRC may have the best prices right now, but you'd do better to double check that. Good luck!

------------------
94 Dakota Sport 5.2L, Magnum Performance Super Karbine 250 throttle body, 3.90 auburn LSD, K+N X-stream filtercharger, MSD 6A, Blaster Coil II, Taylor wires, MP Computer, Pacesettter headers, Dynomax supercat, Flowmaster 50, Crower 1.7 rockers, Lakewood traction bars, Hellwig sway bar, Transgo shift kit, MP valve covers, Firestone Firehawks SS20