Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Movies and Television

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 AM

Default Fireproof

I watched the movie "Fireproof" for the second time this week. Before I go on about it I must say it's a Christian themed movie so if that's a turn-off for you then move on to the next thread.

The movie features a cast of ametuer actors and Kirk Cameron and it's pretty well done if you keep that in mind. It's about the failing marriage between a fire chief and a hospital administrator. The message is heavy-handed and some of the acting is overdone but the story is impressive and believable and the rescue scenes are intense, even the second time.

What makes the movie so worthwhile for me is the struggle between the husband and wife and how much it reminds me of what has occurred with some of my married friends. I even see things in it that I do and it genuinely has affected the way I relate to my wife of nearly 22 years. (oh, excuse me, my slip is showing)

I will no doubt watch this movie again in the future and hopefully never see too much of myself in the main character. With professional actors and a toned down message the movie would have much broader appeal but then it wouldn't serve what I see as it's main purpose, that is, to encourage the faithful to honor their wedding vows, even when there's nothing in it for them.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Inactive User

Default Fireproof

Yes I agree with the above comments, It is easy for successfull people in there working life to neglect their "better half" and the place that GOD should have in their marriage, will definetly watch this again if the opportunity arises.