Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Movies and Television

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Inactive User

Default Music question for you middle aged & older guys

This is not car related, but here it goes....I know this is a longshot because it's difficult for me to describe what it is that I'm asking about here...but in the lare 60's or very early 70's, there was a music recording produced by somebody which sold in record stores on those old 45rpm discs. (my older brother had this record I speak of).

This record was a mock interview with an Apollo Astronaut. All through the recording, the interviewer was asking the Astronaut questions about his upcoming space flight/space walk (it might very well have hit the charts shortly after the Apollo mision moon walk)... (1969??)...anyways, after every question that the interviewer would ask, the Astronaut's answer always came in the form of one of the hit songs of that era.

For instance: one of the questions put forth by the interviewer was something relating to "what about if this or that goes wrong?" (I'm paraphrasing here, because I was a small kid when I used to listen to this, and my memory is sketchy on the contents of this record)) and after asking the question, the answer given by the Astronaut came in the form of a short snippet of a recorded segment of the song title "It's the Worst that could happen"......
by Johnny Maestro & The Brooklyn Bridge -Then, another question put forth in this mock interview was something about "What if this Apollo mission is delayed by bad weather?" ( or something to that effect) ...and the astronaut's answer then came in the form of another short segment of an audio recording of a popular song titled "One Two three red light" (which was another popular song on the charts of that time by a group named 1910 Fruitgum Co. )...and this is how the entire mock interview went with the interviewer asking questions about the Apollo space mission, and the answers coming from the astronaut being interviewed in the form of 3 or 4 second audio snips of various popular hit songs of that time.

Here's my question regarding the above: Can anyone tell me either the title of this mock interview or who it was that produced it, so that I can either find it on YouTube, and/or look it up to see if it's available anywhere on the internet for purchase?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 AM

I remember those, give this a try:

http://www.allbutforgottenoldies.net...e-goodman.html