Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Inactive User

Help late b body tubular suspension

im trying to find a tubular k frame, and tubular lower control arms. i browse lots of sites including: firm feel, mancini, cap auto, magnum force but no body seems to make lower control arms and k frame only upper control arm. this is for a 78 dodge monaco, wouldnt mind changing over to take weight of the front end, anybody know of a place?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Inactive User

so nobody doesnt appreiciate the late b body mopar, come on any feedback, somebody has the have made them
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Inactive User

Have you tried calling magnum force or just looked at the web site? If they don't have them, I bet they can build one....
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM

A rule change this winter has me looking for tubular arms for my a boudy any Ideas there ive seen older b boudy k members and torsion bars put in to save wait and parts avabilaty lot of work good luck sfr
Old 04-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Inactive User

i looked at their website, plus i dont want coil overs and a rack and pinion setup, i just want tubular upper and lower control arms, and a tubular k frame, that will re use factory power steering gear box, strut rods, sway bar, torsion bars, and motor mounts ya know.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:21 AM

Can you explain what benefit you would get from this?

I rather think it's pointless spending money in the kind of sums this would cost for no real gain, so if there's a gain do you think you could spell it out?

Also, people making tubular lower control arms are doing it for coil spring setups, the needs of a torsion bar suspension are quite different.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Inactive User

You might be able to use the earlier B, or maybe an E set-up but you'd need to get the key dimensions from the mfgr. Also agree with Mr. Bell - if you're not going to coil spring suspension there's no point to a tubular l.c.a. Some folks will reinforce the stock l.c.a. with a gusset welded to the lower surface,(Firm Feel, I believe) and/or beefier struts.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Inactive User

I've been over to Magnum Force personaly and talked to Ron when I picked up a set of non adjustable upper arms for my 69 B body. Ron knows his stuff, listen to him, he will help you get where you want to be. I was checking around and found out that hotchkis outright copies Rons double adjustable arms without including the double adjustable feature... they walked in and started taking pictures, that's alot of nerve if you ask me. I wouldn't touch Hotchkis stuff just on that aspect alone, plus their prices are insane. I did see a set of tubular lower arms somehwere, maybe CAP auto... just going on memory here. You could also weld on LCA plates for cheap, they work as good or better than just about anything else, but I'm still stumped on a tubular K member that uses all stock tidbits. Good luck with that...
Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Inactive User

well i'll just say, having a tubular set up will drastically lose weight, and say having a la engine with alluminum head and intake shaves off at least over 200 pounds, thus less weight for a 2 door late b body getting a bit better gas mileage with a hi po engine, plus the tubular is 2x strong thats a plus. oklahoma roads will put a toll on you classic or whatever you drive. so adding maybe poly graphite and tubular better handling with the bushing plus weight savings, i plan on having my car for awhile, 5 years i had it and plan on keeping it longer, why cant i mod my car the way i want. its a daily driver for me and ive been putting off upgrades that need to be done, if theres no tubular suspension oh well, but im tired of mad searching for weatherstrip kits accessories etc. etc. for late b body it seems nobody appreciates or doesnt want to make quality products, all you guys with a bodies early b and e bodies can get everyhting thing yall need for any udgrade while us late style b bodies guys get left in the dust, even know the late b body had one of the best suspension setup for the last of its years.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Inactive User

Hey bubba, don't get me wrong... you should be able to mod your wheels anyway you wanna! I just never heard of a tubular setup that uses all stock stuff. I say call Ron and tell him what you want, if anyone can or would do it, it's Ron. He is a race care parts fabricator, have him fab you up what you want, might cost a bit but he could do it. His stuff is damn near bulletproof, if you want to test every pot hole in town I'de go with his setup.