Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-14-1999, 02:22 AM
Moderate anarchist

hey all,

I have a 65 Cuda and I know this stuff fits and works on it. Whem I bought it the heater control switch (the vacuum one) didn't work, sound familiar? My problem was a broken nipple, of course it was the nipple that supplies the switch with vacuum. I got to eyeballing it and searching for a new replacement, no dice. But it sure looked the same as the one I replaced in my 72 years ago. A simple comparison of the vacuum circuits and electrical hooks using the 72 and 65 FSM told the tale. I bought a new switch for a 72 Dart and have been running it ever since. I do have factory AC so I don't know is nonAC switches will swap, part number 3895790 is the ticket.

Another dead part on my Cuda was the wiper switch, three speed no less. No dice on it from the factory but I found a late model switch that works, I think it came off a 79 Newport but I don't really know. MoPar PN 3488764 gets you a switch for the three speed with washer setup. I looks different than the original one but once installed that doesn't show. One caveat though. The replacement switch doesn't have the hook up for the backup light feed, you can splice that feed to the wiper switch feed, which is how the factory did it but they made the splice part of the original switch. If you don't have back up lights then who cares but if you do or want to add them (easy) remember this.

One last thing, the washer reservoir is available new, PN 2497502, my dealer had one on the shelf. But it is setup for an external pump, either foot or electric. The electric pump is N/A, but Trico makes a generic replacement. You can use the later A body reservoir with integral pump, bolts right in place of your original reservoir.

Steve
Old 12-14-1999, 07:58 AM
Inactive User

A lot of great points Steve.I belive for a washer pump motor,one out of any late model Dodge truck will work too.Looks the same as the one in my Road Runner,so may work in a early A body too.Also as a side note the following Dodge truck parts are the same as B-body parts...Outside door handles,Hood hinges,lock cylinder assy's,I belive door hinges,but am not sure on that one.Also the B-vans armrests are the same too.