Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-18-1999, 06:41 AM
Inactive User

Angry

I just received Year One's latest catalog (Spring 99).
Upon receiving it I was told that they were having a sale of 10% off all discountable items, and an additional 10% off orders over a $1000. So needless to say I wanted to take advantage of this sale. So I figured out everything that I needed. The total cost without any discounts was $1114. I then faxed my order in and the next day called to verify it. They received it alright, their total cost was $1109 to my front door. Surprise, a total savings of $5!
According to the guy I spoke to, they had a price increase, and therefore the catalog prices were not accurate. Oh, and one other thing, the page that provides ball park shipping prices, throw that out too. That isn't worth the paper it's printed on either. Example,it states that orders over $800, shipping cost approx. $35. Wrong, try $94.
Also, one of the parts in the catalog was $69, the price they quoted was $73 and that included the 10% discount. Some sale, huh?
So rule of thumb, take the catalog price, add 15%, then subtract 10% and you will have the actual sale price. The one saving grace in all of this is that these were the final pieces needed to finish my car. Buyers Beware!!!!

P.S.If anyone knows of any honest parts suppliers please share their name with the rest of us!
Old 12-18-1999, 06:53 AM
Inactive User

Red face

Oh, and one more thing. I not bitter, I'm just pissed! It's bad enough that Mopars are almost completely ignored by places like JEGS or Summit. But when you do find a parts supplier they want to stick it you. Christ, if you drive a Chevy they'll practically come out and the install the parts for you!

[This message has been edited by BleedsMopar (edited December 18, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by BleedsMopar (edited December 18, 1999).]
Old 12-19-1999, 08:35 AM
Inactive User

Bummer about that shaft you got from Y-O. I am surprised to hear it, but not really startled. Most of the stuff at Y-O can be had from numerous other places/persons. They've been known to buy up existing mopar dealer stock in anticipaction of it going NS1, obsolete, then offering at an elevated price, since there is no more stock to be had. Their sheet metal is probably the best quality you can get, but you'll pay extra, For anything else, shop arround. You'd be surprised what's avaliable from mopar itself. Y-O is a BUISNESS first these days, and a hobbyist supporter second. Their markups are to much & they're shipping costs a little ridiculous. Hey, but their catalog makes for a good reference at the very least.
Old 12-19-1999, 09:21 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, Year One's prices yo-yo a lot. You should always call for a quote before ordering. Last year they sent me a coupon for 20% off catalog prices so I ordered new interior peices for my '69 Dodge. Low an behold that the tags from Ledgendary Interiors are still on the seat covers.
I just gave my money to the middle man.
Old 12-19-1999, 10:38 PM
Inactive User

Year One does a lot of the "middle man" stuff.I usually will take the time and find out who their supplier is and buy from them.Legendary is a good example.I purchased my whole interior from Legendary,excellent quality,perfect color match and it looks like the factory stuff.Plus Legendary gave me a discount for ordering everything at once!!

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited December 19, 1999).]
Old 12-20-1999, 03:49 AM
Inactive User

While I'm not defending Year One, they do stand behind their products. I bought a set of center pieces for my ralleys and after about a year the chrome peeled off and they replaced them all at NO CHARGE! I had a similar experience with Hooker on a set of Super Comp coated headers guaranteed not to rust. Well after 8 months they were about to rust off my car! I went round and round with
them and finally they agreed to recoat the headers, I had to pay shipping which was $80,
not to mention having to take them off! When they finally came back they had a few dents compliments of Hooker. So "Buyer Beware" indeed.
Old 12-24-1999, 03:04 PM
Inactive User

LEGENDARY RULES THAY ARE GOOD THATS WHAT I DID WHEN I NEEDED SOMETHING LEFT YEAR ONE OUT YOU NO WHAT REALY SUCKS I ASKED FOR A FREE HAT OR SOMTHING I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY WITH Y-O IT WOULD SEEM LIKE THAY WOULD THROUGH A T-SHIRT OR SOMETHING SHOWING THAT YOUR A LOYAL CUSTOMER YOU DONT GET SH-T!
Old 12-30-1999, 02:01 AM

I just had the same problem with Year one when I ordered new seat covers for my 68 Super Bee. They had just sent me a catalog this past summer, but the price was $40 more now. Even though it didn't say so, they told me they were "non discountable", since I wanted a color other than black. No where in the catalog did it say colors are non discountable.

Year one sells Legendary interior's, and so does Hardens. Hardens has the covers for the same price as Year One, and Legendary, but also are running a 10% off sale, and they honored the price with the discount, so I ordered from them.

It pays to shop around.

Old 12-31-1999, 05:08 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I've been using Jack's Auto Parts for a while. Their prices are very fair and reasonable compared to Year Ones "sale" prices. 1-800-870-6402. They are in Howell N.J. <A HREF="http://www.jacksautoparts.com" TARGET=_blank>w
ww.jacksautoparts.com</A>
Chris
69 Charger R/T

[This message has been edited by CHARGER69_RT (edited December 30, 1999).]
Old 12-31-1999, 05:58 PM
Inactive User

My first visit here and it looks like it may pay off allready. If someone would advise me where i can find legendary interiors it would be of great help. I did web search, came up empty.
Thanks
Old 12-31-1999, 06:26 PM
Inactive User

Legendary Auto Interiors Ltd.
121 West Shore Boulevard
Newark, NY 14513
1-800-363-8804
Fax: 1-800-SEAT-UPH

------------------
~Elwenil~ ~.\|/.~
Old 01-01-2000, 03:35 AM
Inactive User

Fella's, its just like anything else you buy, you have to shop around and get the best deal. What you need to do is look threw a Paddock catalog and let Y.O. know what Paddock has to offer. They will meet Paddocks price. Paddock has a good deal, if you buy over a $1000, you get %10 off plus free shipping. Just let Year One know that when you call. I have gotten money back from Y.O after letting them know Paddock had it cheaper, weeks after getting it. So just be a smart shopper and dont buy from the first place you see.
Old 01-01-2000, 04:04 AM
Inactive User

Expanding on the last post: Don't write off your local parts house! I just found a new ingition switch (one year only!) for a 69 B-body... ON THE SHELF... for a *WHOPPING* $15! Granted, this place is older than dirt, but that's what makes them so valuable to me! I remember buying a set of rings & bearings for a 361 BB engine from them in about 1981. Boy, were those boxes dusty! As stated, "It pays to shop around!"

Another suggestion!
DB

------------------
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!
Old 01-06-2000, 11:38 PM

Thumbs up

In case anyone would like Harden's phone number, it is 1-800-633-4690. I have used them before without any problems, and a friend of mine used them extensively for the restoration of his 71 340 Duster.
Old 01-20-2000, 02:36 PM
Inactive User

Question

I know that this is an old topic. I just have one question. Where does Y-O get its wiring harnesses? I was hoping to get them from the manufactuer for my tired charger and save some money. (i am on a real tight budget)
thanks alot.
Brian Lyttle

P.S.
this site rocks.
Old 01-22-2000, 02:04 AM
ted

i have been told their manfacturer has an exculsive contract to only sell to them.
Old 02-12-2000, 04:38 AM
Inactive User

Arrow

I believe a lot (if not all)of YO's wiring harnesses come from Bill Evans. He advertises in Mopar Collectors Guide and the other Mopar Mags.
Bill & Rose Evans
8835 Parson Road
Erie,PA 16509-5043
or (814)864-2622
Old 03-08-2000, 05:34 PM
Inactive User

On the wiring harnesses:

I purchased a rear light harness for my '68 Charger and what Y1 sent me had different bulb sockets. The tech guys spent a while on the phone with me (they really are there late at night) to figure out the problem. He reviewed all the orders and determined out of a few hundred ordered, none were returned due to differences in the fixtures. No clue why mine is different. He gave me the number of their supplier and I found out they build strictly off of the original Chrysler drawings. So the long answer to your question is that, for this wiring harness at least, the manufacturer strictly sells through Y1.
Old 03-08-2000, 06:48 PM
Inactive User

A couple of you guys who have been cheated by YO should call your Federal DA or Postal Inspector and see about them filling mail fraud charges. It is obviously not an isolated case, it is the way they do business. Everybody complains about them and their business practices. It crosses state lines so the Feds can get involved and the penalities actually have some teeth in them. Until someone makes a stink they will keep doing it. You moght even be able to get the money they owe you on the "deals" they failed to honor.
Old 03-09-2000, 04:53 AM
Inactive User

OLD TOPIC BUT MAYBE SOMEBODY IS STILL LOOKING AT IT LIKE ME. Hardens Muscle Cars in MO doesn't carry every thing that Y-O carries but usually they are about 10% cheaper and they are super nice people. I went to school with the Mrs. but that doesn't effect my judgement when it comes to my money. Anybody know who might make door panels for 66 Charger??? Legendary doesn't, I guess cardboard panels are cheaper and easier to do than the padded ones an the first generation Charger
Old 03-09-2000, 09:56 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

they are old cars, all the topics are old! ;-)

...no ideas on a good source for your door panels. Perhaps start a post about good 1st generation Charger parts sources.