Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-03-2000, 07:03 AM
Many Cubic Inches

Hi,
I've always wanted a convertable Cuda. I have a 73 Cuda and am wondering if its possible to get it made into a convertable. Any idea on who does it (pref. in Ontario), and cost?
Old 04-04-2000, 02:07 AM
Inactive User

HOLD ON! You do realise that if you chop the top off you are also cutting a big chunk out of the car's value. Unless your Cuda has no matching numbers and is a basket case, I would never try this. Chrysler didn't make enough Cuda's as it is. I would hate to see that done to one.
It can be done, but it would go over much easier with your fellow collectors if you just purchased another Barracuda convertible.
The car is basically ruined after this modification has been done, and chances are 20-30 years from now when the bodyman didn't strengthen it properly, the car will fall apart.
Basically, this would be a BIG mistake. For one thing, Chrysler didn't make a '73 convertible(that I know of), and it simply wouldn't look right.
As another argument, it would be very expensive to have this done correctly. There are many structurial parts that wouldn't be available to do this conversion that would be as durable and strong as the originals.
Maybe someone can back me up here...
Old 04-04-2000, 03:51 AM
Inactive User

ABSOLUTELY!!! Slepr1, Barracuda convertibles aren't that hard to find. Converting yours properly would be a major and very expensive proposition. And if it's not done properly, you will end up with one totally ruined Barracuda. And even if it is done right (assuming that's possible), I don't think the car would be worth near what you would have in it. If you want a Barracuda convertible, just sell your coupe and buy a convertible.