PDA

View Full Version : power windows won't work help where's the fuse?

bulldog426
05-21-2013, 06:41 AM
well in my 07 2500 cummins quad cab my power windows are stuck at about 2" down got in the other night and they quit working, well it sucks because in the south this time of year you either gotta have your windows all the way down,, or all the way up and have the ac on.... only fuse box i can find is under the hood, and i don't see a fuse for power windows... can someone tell me where the fuse is for the windows???

John Kunkel
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
The power window system receives battery feed through a fuse in the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) and a circuit breaker located in the instrument panel wiring harness near the park brake pedal, only when the ignition switch is in the RUN or ACCESSORY position.

bulldog426
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
so what should i check?? is there a diagram or picture i can use for reference?? tried googling it but don't have much luck

John Kunkel
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
I'd check the fuse first. The TIPM is located in the engine compartment, next to the battery and connects directly to the B+ cable via a stud located on
top of the unit. The molded plastic TIPM housing includes a base and cover. The TIPM cover is easily opened or removed for service and has a fuse and relay layout map integral to the inside surface of the cover. The TIPM housing base and cover are secured in place via mounting tabs.

The TIPM provides the primary means of voltage distribution and protection for the entire vehicle.

bulldog426
05-25-2013, 12:21 PM
i know where the fuse box is under the hood, i guess thats what youre calling the tipm? its next to the driver side battery... but it don't show the fuse for the windows in it, trying to figure out where the hell the fuse is for the windows. thats what i'm trying to figure out is where the fuse is for the windows? power locks still work

bulldog426
05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
or relay????

aarracer
05-25-2013, 01:00 PM
You will find a plethora of information and help here.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/

Also, there is a fuse box, on the very lhs of the dash on my 1999 Ram 3500.