Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-06-1999, 04:29 PM
Steve

Well, I've put in the comp. cams 224/230 .501/.510 lift cam in and the M1 single plane intake. The only thing I haven't done was put in the GER 4200 stall converter. Anyways I wanted to keep you guys who have been trying to help me with my combo. up to speed on the progress it's making. Remember I'm running 4.88 gears. Well I took it out last weekend and boy what a change. I was worried about lowend torque, pulling out from stop signs, but lets face it, What lowend torque with running those gears. Next I ran the car to a nice test and tune location. I torqued it up to only about 2000 RPM's and let her rip. Let me tell you, what a ride! She boiled those BFG's. Also, with that great invention of the pinion snubber, I could never really bark them off in 2nd gear. Well, that all changed pretty quickly. Next Thursday I'm going to run it at my local track and hope now that that little bee will wind up enough to get the Dart into the 13's.

Old 05-06-1999, 04:32 PM
Steve

Hey guys, with that 273 I'm running a stock 68 904 with a shift kit, do you think that a lowere tranny gear set will help me out at all? Also, will this lower tranny gear ratio be available in a 81' 904 six-cylinder tranny, I've got one laying around and was just going to swap the plannataries.
Old 05-06-1999, 08:29 PM
Christopher

It may help depending on the car weight.I'm not sure if the low gear set is in a /6 904 trans,I can't see the need for it in that application.But in a 999 trans(HD 904) you'll find one.Also you have read everybody's comments about the converter,Try it and let us all know how it worked.
Old 05-07-1999, 01:50 PM
Steve

Alright Christopher, I'll let you know, but in the meanwhile how about crossing your fingers for this combo.
Old 05-08-1999, 03:26 AM
Christopher

Not a problem,will do.Let us know what youre shifting at,trap rpm,etc.This is a interesting combo to me especially a 4-door car.
Old 05-08-1999, 03:27 AM
caveman

glad to hear that things are working out well.i cant remember what that low gear trans was,it could help a lot in a small cube,high winding set up like that,,playing around is sometimes the key to a low buck fast set up,,good luck.ive had a couple of small cube mopars,they were fun to play with and dont kill the wallet to bad