Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-02-2000, 09:43 PM
Inactive User

I have a 1973 340 motor, it had an edelbrock torker single plane manifold, 1 inch carb spacer and the stock carter carb, i pulled all this stuff off and slapped on a 6-pack. HOWEVER, my holley two barrels were originally purchased for a manual trans. car, thus i'm missing the kickdown mechanism, my question, will the kickdown from my four barrel carter, be compatible with that of the 6 pack?
also, when i bought the car i was informed that the heads were 1970, with 2.02 intake, upon getting the car home, it turns out that they are original, being built in 1972. what i would like to know is if i have to enlarge the valves to handle the juice my 6 will give me? Or will my car run fine with stock '72 valve size.....
THANX
Old 10-07-2000, 10:52 PM

Hey Homer, I just saw your post on the 6 pack/head thing.
Believe it or not....when I got my car, it had a 70 340 in it with the old torker single plane with a 1" spacer and 73 heads.
My guess is that You dont have the 2.02 intake valve in it unless they are reworked. What is the casting number on the head. It will be on top so you can easily see it. I bought my car from a guy that I swear was put on earth just to steal my oxygen. He didnt know shit and fed me alot of crap. Get back to me by sending an E mail directly to me.....DAVE

------------------