Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-03-2000, 12:44 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

I just purchased my '68 GTX. I have looked under the rear seat for a build sheet, but found none. The fender tag is also missing. Is there anyway to get either of these to find out the original equipment, etc on my car. I am not looking to do a complete concourse restoration, more of a restification, but would like to know the original stuff anyway.

Also, as far as painting goes, I have seen the hoods on the GTX/Roadrunners painted several ways, and was wondering which is correct or desired for my car. My hood is actually off a '69 and is only in primer. I have seen them painted all one color, I have seen the "air grabber" side vents sort of boxed in black, and I have seen wide black stripes running up th hood and cowl overlapping the fenders slightly. I was thinking of this last variation for mine and was looking for input on this as well as dimensions on the stripes.

Thanks in advance
--dodge_em

------------------
Click on the highlighted parts for pics of each vehicle...

Mopar Vehicle #1
2001 Quad Cab 2500HD 4x4
Sport- Short Bed - Forest green Pearl
24V Cummins, auto, SLT Plus Package, with absolutely every other option available. (When paying this much for a truck, might as well get it with everything!)
Additions:
305/70R16 Cooper Discoverer AT tires, Grizzly Double Bend Chrome Side Bars, Catch-All Floor Mats, Avital Remote Starter, DC Mudflaps, Super White headlamp bulbs
>>No Engine Mods...Yet<<

Mopar Vehicle #2
1978 Dodge Ram W150 4x4
Originally a Reg. cab long bed with a 400. Bought it with a 440 in it. Now is a Club Cab convertible with a StepSide bed (nice new wooden floor).
Project not entirely complete, but is driveable and is a real head turner!

AND... Now Mopar Vehicle #3 (as of Nov. '00)
1968 Plymouth GTX
440, 4 speed
B5 Blue, Black buckets, console, no A/C, no PB, no PS, just Power - MOPOWER!!!
Needs just a little TLC
Old 12-03-2000, 04:56 AM

If the build sheet is not in any of the seat springs or above the glove box and you do not have the fender tag, your pretty much well out of luck.

You can try Galen Govier at http://www.gvgovier.com/ He has received alot of paperwork from different dealerships. If anybody is going to have this information, it will be Galen.

------------------
Ed - MoPower

'96 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT CC 360 4X4
'68 Charger 383-4
'69 Coronet 500 Convertible 440-4