Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-12-2001, 02:09 PM
Inactive User

I have just bought a '73 plymouth satellite sebring plus, It only has 62,000 miles on it.
The car is in great shape. 318 auto, It has factory buckets(like the roadrunner), the int. is in perfect shape, and the ext. has very little rust.
I even got the window sticker with the car!
I am torn over what to do. Should I restore her the way she is, or can i restor her to a roadrunner look-alike (I like the looks of the roadrunners better) the car came factory with the ralley dash, and Bucket seats.

thanks in advance, crash
Old 02-12-2001, 02:23 PM

True, low mileage, survivor cars are rare, so I'd be hesitant to modify a car that was really a cherry. They even have a survivor class at the Mopar nationals and other meets, just for cars like these. If it was me, I'd may put a set of wheels on it, or make changes that wouldn't be hard to put back to stock, but the car should be worth more leaving it basically factory stock. If you're going to modify the heck out of one, may as well start with something it won't hurt your conscience to fool around with a little. Hard choice though, and it is your car, so have fun either way!
Old 02-12-2001, 03:10 PM
Inactive User

thanks Stoga,
I mainly want to put a roadrunner hood on it, dual exhaust, a cam & intake, paint, and wheels.
But i don't want to hurt the value of the car!(although I'll likely never sell it)
Old 02-13-2001, 10:22 PM
Inactive User

Haven't seen the car so I can't say for sure, but I think if it was mine, I'd keep it looking as correct as possible for a '73 Sebring, but make some modifications that would look stock but really add to the performance of the car.
Surviors are kind of neat to see at the shows and cruise-ins. And if they're warmed up a bit under the hood it makes them more fun. Of course if you modify it, then it really isn't a survior anymore technically. But I'd have a little fun with it unless its just too nice (original) the way it is. Then I'd just detail the heck out of it and show it off.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:58 PM
Inactive User

Default The good stuff.

YOu didnt tell us how much you paid for it or where you found it! We all enjoy those stories. As far as a R/R lookalike, thats your call. You make the car the way you want it. The hood, wheels and whatever else you change can always be put back as long as you save it. It already has buckets and console and for those cars thats rare. I would put a set of Rallye rims with nice tires, dual exhaust. Do the exhaust right though, use R/R specs dont get one of those crappy systems that stick out of the back. There are some mail ordey places you can get you system from. Most of all just enjoy the car and dont worry about the changes, its not a Hemi R/R and Im sure there was plenty of your cars made like yours, so rarity is not a problem. Enjoy.
Old 02-19-2001, 08:21 PM
Inactive User

You have a very difficult decision. What do you want out of the car? Stoga makes some good points on keeping the car original. On the other hand, if your dream car is a Roadrunner/clone and this is as close as you are going to get to one, then maybe you should go that direction. A lot of it boils down to $. It would be ideal if you could keep the Sebring stock, use it for your daily driver or whatever, and get another b-body that is not so cherry to build your clone. Good luck!