Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:53 AM
Inactive User

hi guys me again ! how much change in handling does a 1" offset change in the front ? in with the rt front and out with the left !! will it help with a push ?
thanks
ps 1st in heat 2nd in feature ! led all feature laps except the one that counts !! ( ya brain fade ) lol
later and thanks for the help !!
Old 05-03-2000, 12:30 AM

I typically make my offset adjustments on the left rear. The reason for this is that changing the offset changes several things at once. The offset determines the wheel rate applied to the tire/track. Shortening up the lever arm of the lower control arm increases spring/wheel rate. This will offset the positive effect of increasing the right side weight. Also, by moving the right front wheel in, you are increasing the cross weight and may increase the tendancy to push.

Conversly, if you move the left rear out, you soften the left rear wheel rate, decrease cross weight and increase right side weight. More positive things happen in this scenario in my opinion. It also may increase the rear roll couple depending on the spring rates, the distance from the spring and the overall trackwidth.

Another consideration is how much of a change do you want? The front springs should be much stiffer than the rear. Moving in or out on the front will have a larger affect on car handling than the rear. If you placed 2nd, I would recommend minor changes. Remember, the track is bound to change also, and may just suit your car this week.