Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-22-2001, 03:19 PM
Inactive User

hi again ! is anyone building there own upper a-frames ?? i race a dart and am intrested in making some tobe uppers anyone done this ? where did u get the parts ? they need to fit the factory mounts as i will have to change back to stock ones at some tracks !! thanks for any info !!
david
Old 01-22-2001, 06:52 PM

I've seen ads for mass-produced tubular arms for Mopars in the past year or so, can't remember where I saw the ad though.
Old 01-22-2001, 10:34 PM
Inactive User

The only company that I know of right now is Magnum Force Fabrications, BUT, their claim is that they designed their arms to correct caster gain in lowered street and drag cars. That's probably counter-productive for what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 01-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Inactive User

Er...sorry, make that camber gain.
Old 01-26-2001, 12:11 AM

I have seen the ads for the uppers to but if I remember correctly they were about 250.00 ea. not good for a car that gets bumped around on the track. you could make your own easaly by useing rodends (hiem joints) for the pivot points. use rount tube of the corect size (dom tubing) thread one end for the rodend, use a stock upper as a template and bend the tube so that the rodend is streight and the other end meets at the balljoint. make or buy a threaded sleve to acept the balljoint and weld the tube to the sleve. you can make a longer one for the left side and a shorter one for the right side for proper camber.also some ajustment for caster and camber can be made by screwing the rodends in or out (make sure you use a jam nut).they would be strong lite and highly adjustable. good luck

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 02:12 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

hey guys thanks for the info !! i found the ones made by magnum force and ya there 300$ a set !!and your right now real good for circle track at that $$ and u still have to change them for camber !! i found some they use on imca openwheel mods. there like suggested with 2 adjustabe sleeves for around 200$ for the pairwithout balljoints !! gotta ck and see how much i can build them for yet !! but THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!
u guys are killer !!
david moparmadness #20