Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-13-2001, 05:07 PM
Inactive User

I am looking into trying my hand at enduro racing for this summer at Colorado National Speedway. I have done a lot of street/strip drag racing, but don't know very much about the circle track. I have a '78 New Yorker (440) as the candidate, but don't know very much else about enduro set-up and racing.

I have the rules for CNS and they look fairly straight forward. Any help or pointers would be great. Also if any of you are in the Denver/Front Range area I would love to talk with you over the phone.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:12 AM
Inactive User

Come on here guys. Are you telling me no one has done any Enduro racing????
Old 02-27-2001, 09:48 PM
Inactive User

Cool

OK I will give this a try ,we have an enduro class here I don,t know how close our rules are but my wife also runs a pure stock too.I have raced in street stock and the enduro class for a couple of years.the car we use is the cordobas I also built a magnum for her pure stock this year.Alot of people don,t like the tranverse t-bar set up but in a stock class I love it I think they work great in a class where the suspension must reman stock.However I have never run a big block. This is what I,ve learned the rear % must be over 50, 52 with 54%on the right side thats what I run in both cars. I notched the lower control arm mount on the right side to get more negative camber 3 deg negative on the right 1/2 pos on the left 4% caster on right 1 1/2 on the left. The car likes alot of stager in the front on my Wifes I run 4 in.on the induro I have to run dot,s so about 2 is all I can get and about 1 in. in the rear on both.I run 904 in first gear on both cars and use the a/c condenser as a cooler.I would suggest using a set of mopar preformance distributer springs#p2932675 and the orange box (for reliability).We have had alot of success running these cars My wife has won 13 A,s in the cordoba I alwas do well in the induro. I never have seen the need for a big block the small block always had enough ponys to win.I just don,t know if about runing a big block seems to me that it would tend to push
Old 03-02-2001, 11:58 AM
Inactive User

Thanks Scott! This is going to be interesting...
Old 03-03-2001, 09:01 AM
Inactive User

Question

If we knew more, we could give better advise.The setup I gave you is what works for me . It my not be what will work for best for you.I race on a 3/8 mile dirt track with slight banking.If you race on asphalt the setup would be alot diffrent. Do you race on dirt,what size track is it,what type of tires can you run,ect.I know when I firt started it took awhile to get a handle on it, for the first half of the season we did not do so well.Also what works for those chevy guys may not work for you. I know my street stock takes a little diffrent setup,my first night in it last year I smaked the wall. It makes alot more horsepower than the induro car, it also has a shorter wheelbase.There is alot difrence between tracks, cars, and drivers.What works for one might not work for another however there is alot of knowlege on this site.I can honestly say they have never given me bad advise,but experance is the best teacher!!
Old 03-04-2001, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

CNS (Colorado National Speedway) is a 3/8ths paved oval. We have a lot of dirt tracks around here and I may try one of those before the paved. My wife is still a little leery about the whole deal. She enjoys NASCAR but wasn't so excited when Dale died. Thanks for your input.

This may be one of those "just get in there and try it" deals.

I have the rules and will post some of them when I get a momonent.