Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-09-2000, 07:56 PM

Thumbs up

JUST WANTED TO DROP A LINE AND OPINION ON THE CHRYSLER CLASSIC IN COLUMBUS, OHIO MAY 19-21. IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO GO DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GO. RACING IS A BLAST AND THEY HAVE GAMBLER RACES ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY FOR THE RACERS. WE HAVE GONE THE LAST THREE YEARS AND IT IS WELL WORTH IT. WE HAVE GROWN DISSAPPOINTED WITH THE NATIONALS BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY THING FOR US UNTIL SUNDAY. WE GET THERE ON THURSDAY TO GET PIT SPACE BUT DONT GET TO DO REALLY ANYTHING TIL SUNDAY. SO IF YOU LOVE TO RACE I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE CLASSIC AND IN SEPTEMBER 15-17 IT IS AT NORWALK AND THAT IS A BLAST ALSO. TO SEE MORE INFO ON THE CLASSIC GO TO WWW.CHRYSLERCLASSIC.COM

------------------
READY TO RACE!?

[This message has been edited by mopar34069 Joanne (edited February 09, 2000).]
Old 02-09-2000, 09:42 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I agree 100%, I go every year and have a good time, although the Columbus one is usually wet. I`ve raced the last 2 years at the Norwalk Classic and had a ball. Norwalk is my favorite because the facility is nicer and I can stay at the track all weekend and use their showers. But most of all I like the pound of ice cream for a $1. LOL!!

What class you in and what car did you run at Norwalk this year? Maybe I saw it. I was running in Super Pro with a Panther Pink 68 Dart that looks like a SS Hemi Dart.
Old 02-10-2000, 12:44 AM

Smile

Didnt make Norwalk in 99 due to work but we were there in 98. Norwalk is close to us and yes it is a beautiful track will definetly be there this year. Hubby and I can both race here(he gets the trailer and I will drive mine out.) I drive a Black w/red stripe 69 Dodge 340 Swinger and run in pro and he has a 64 Polara that he runs in no box super pro but at the classic he would be in pro because of no box. My dart has been at the nats last 2 years and at the classic in columbus too. But like I said the classics are definetely for the racers!!

------------------
READY TO RACE!?
Old 02-10-2000, 03:32 AM
Inactive User

Smile

I just saw where Doylestown is, I got my car back halved in Norton by Al Morgan of Pro Street Chassis Shop back in Jan. of 92. Do you ever run at Quaker City? It`s nice and they are making improvements.
Old 02-10-2000, 08:01 PM

Smile

WE KNOW AL REAL WELL. HE AND HUBBY TRADE BACK AND FORTH AND STUFF LIKE THAT. I HAVENT BEEN OUT TO QUAKER IN ABOUT 10 YEARS BUT WE HEARD THEY ARE IMPROVING THE PLACE . DIDNT KNOW IT NEEDED IMPROVING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF THE NICER TRACKS IN THIS AREA. UNLESS YOU MEAN RESTROOMS AND THAT SORT OF THING. BUT I GUESS SINCE I HAVENT BEEN THERE IN SO LONG THINGS DO GET OLD AND WARN OUT. WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO GO WHEN THEY HAVE THAT MOPAR THING THIS YEAR WE ALWAYS SEEM TO MISS IT. SEEMS TO ME IT IS AROUND MEMORIAL WEEKEND WILL HAVE TO CHECK ON THAT.

------------------
READY TO RACE!?
Old 02-10-2000, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Just went to http://www.quakercitydragway.com and didn`t see any listing there yet. I think it is put on by the MMCI group. Tell Al, Don Benedict said hi and his work is holding up very nicely. March 11-12 Quaker City is having a chassis inspection and certification if anybody needs one.
Old 02-29-2000, 05:56 AM
Inactive User

Quaker City event is not scheduled for 2000, event is canceled for this year.
Would love to have you attend our event the 10th Anniversary "Mopar Muscle Southern Classic" Sept 1-3, 2000 @ Mt. Park Dragway in Clay City, KY about 30 min. from Lexington.
Visit our page which is still under construction Moparmusclesouthernclassic.bizland.com
oer email your address to me for an event flier.
Bob