Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-08-2000, 12:48 AM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

Ram1500
Same rules at our track but this doesnt happen that often. But one night it happened with a friend of mine that the driver stage now at our track it is almost impossible to read the dial-in from the drivers seat due to poor light distribution and location of the time board. But they wouldnt rerun no matter what even though they had min running a 6.40 which was a 7.40 dial in and we my friends dad and I called the official over before they had staged.

I think he should have had the rerun some tracks I know you can read the dialins but this track was not well designed.
I just know that when I start racing the cuda I will not be staging so quickly. I dont anyways just to get the other guy off guard though.

Racing is 90% mental and 10% the car.

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383 Formula S recreation
Working on adding EFI
69 'Cuda Race Parts Car
76 Duster 273 recent transplant
95 Neon 2.0 SOHC best of 16.96
84 Dodge Ram D50 transplanting 360
Old 08-09-2000, 01:11 AM

Ram, same situation happened to us, years ago, at track in Fayetteville, NC. The rules were worded as you stated. The dials were reversed, allowing us a easy win. The other guy went crying to the tower. The track operator told him "sorry, you accepted it"
You got screwed.
Old 08-10-2000, 03:05 AM
Inactive User

This hasn't happened to me in 23 years of racing, but heres what some inexperienced starters have done to me. I always burn to the line and light the prestage right away, then check for the dial. Alot of people think you're hurrying them, and go ahead and stage. If the towers not on the ball with the dials, by the time it appears, I accept it and complete staging, some starters think I'M holding up the show and quick tree ME! I talked to a starter 3-4 years ago and he said "oh, I get it". Sorry to veer off topic.